Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2020, 11:02 AM   #1
Almost There

Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC1000 FE
Engine: 5.9
Roof Raise Material Acquisition Help

Ok so I'm starting to panic. I have to be out of my house at the end of July and I've accomplished almost nothing. I was planning on doing the roof raise in early December -- got all the windows out, welded my all-thread supports, drew my cut lines, and most importantly brought my channel to a fabricator who said he could make custom hat and c channel for me in a week.

I brought him my piece late November and 5 weeks later in December after calling to check on the status every Friday and getting some "oh I forgot I'll get to it next week for sure" he started hanging up on me.

So I found another place that said they could do it and brought it to them first week of January. Said they were busy but could have it to me in a couple of weeks. Called Friday and they told me they won't be able to do it because they're just too busy.

So here I am two months later still without the materials I need. I think I'm going to order my hat channel from skoolie.com but they only provide little 2-3" C channel inserts. They actually do all their raises like that -- without full length tube or channel, just a couple of inserts right at where the old hat and new hat meet.

I don't like that, so I'd like to just do square tube BUT I have a TC1000 and the channels are too big for 1" and too small for 1.25". I'm assuming 1 and 1/8 would work but that's something I'd have to special order and I don't want to make a big order only to find out it doesn't work.

Is there anyone in the Mississippi area that can do it themselves or knows a contractor who can get me my custom channel bent up quickly? I've called almost everyone in and around town and no one has a die that press such a narrow piece.

Help please.

lebusmagique is offline   Reply With Quote