Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-28-2020, 08:22 PM   #21
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Lebanon, IN
Posts: 126
Year: 2003
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466e/Allison 2000
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackE View Post
So, what's a good quantity to get? 250, 500, 1000? I want plenty, but don't want to end up with more left over than I actually used.
I used just over 1500 rivets in total on my bus
cdrobbins77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:05 PM   #22
Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 104
Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird All American Re
Engine: Cat 3126
I ordered 500 short (don't remember grip range) 3/16" diameter, 1500 medium length, and 500 long. Then I also ordered about 600 various lengths of 1/4". Walk around and start counting how many rivets are actually on the bus, you'd be amazed at how fast the total grows. I originally guessed about 800. Not even close!
bridg73988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:08 PM   #23
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Lebanon, IN
Posts: 126
Year: 2003
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466e/Allison 2000
Rated Cap: 65
Yes. 1500+ rivets just in 3/16". I also used a hundred or so 1/4"
I originally thought 500 should do it. Nope. I'll get another 500. Nope. Then I ran out of my third box of 500 ��
cdrobbins77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:06 PM   #24
Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 104
Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird All American Re
Engine: Cat 3126
My brother laughed at me when he called and asked how the bus was coming along and I told him I had to put about 2000 rivets in!
bridg73988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:46 PM   #25
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 517
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC RE
Engine: 8.3 Cummins MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridg73988 View Post
I will post some pics soon. When I ordered my rivets price per piece got better as quantity went up, to the degree that some quantity increases resulted in a lot more rivets for not a bunch more money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrobbins77 View Post
I used just over 1500 rivets in total on my bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridg73988 View Post
I ordered 500 short (don't remember grip range) 3/16" diameter, 1500 medium length, and 500 long. Then I also ordered about 600 various lengths of 1/4". Walk around and start counting how many rivets are actually on the bus, you'd be amazed at how fast the total grows. I originally guessed about 800. Not even close!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrobbins77 View Post
Yes. 1500+ rivets just in 3/16". I also used a hundred or so 1/4"
I originally thought 500 should do it. Nope. I'll get another 500. Nope. Then I ran out of my third box of 500 ��
Thanks guys! Counting whats there is a great idea. Is 3/16 good enough for skinning the sides, or is 1/4 necessary?
JackE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:13 AM   #26
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 22,465
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackE View Post
Thanks guys! Counting whats there is a great idea. Is 3/16 good enough for skinning the sides, or is 1/4 necessary?
3/16 is fine. You'll need a few 1/4" too.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
metal, raise, roof, sheet

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×