Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2005, 04:17 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Rope Lights

Just wondering.... I've seen a few busses with Rope lighting in them, and I was wondering if there are any benifits to using this.
I will be running mostly on AC although I have seen rope light in 12 and 24v formats as well.
I would Like to use it in my living area and maybe the step well for fun but my main concern is the power consumption, if it's greater or less than fluorescent lighting, and the life span.
Also... If you are using it, are you happy with it?

Gotta have my Pops!

Dan-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 01:25 PM   #2
Bus Nut

My wife recently mentioned she would like some rope lights, so I probably will. I guess we'll find out......
bdavis441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 06:06 AM   #3
Bus Geek

I tried 12 volt rope lighting, but i found the 110 volt rope lighting to be much brighter, and cheaper. After Christmas sales are a great place to find rope lighting for almost free.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:27 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

After Christmas sales... Of course!!... (Duh)
That's a great Idea, I dunno If I'll wait that long but no doubt they will be much cheaper, could probably find some in great condition just doing some dumpster diving around that time. Kinda cold tho

Thanks Lapeer
Dan-O is offline   Reply With Quote