Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2016, 07:17 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1994
Chassis: Blue Bird TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9 12V
Rated Cap: ??...It's 28' long
"Searching" for shop space

I'm almost to the point where I need to paint Serenity. She's currently tarped in my driveway which won't be the most ideal place to paint her.

How did you find shop space to park in while working on your bus? Where did you look/search?

I've checked Craig's List and area storage spaces but I'm not having much luck. Sure takes a big space to garage one of these babies.

Thanks so much for the advice!

lizzabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:28 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
I've painted outside in the past. Are you spraying and doing a complicated paint job?
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:28 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzabus View Post
I'm almost to the point where I need to paint Serenity. She's currently tarped in my driveway which won't be the most ideal place to paint her.

How did you find shop space to park in while working on your bus? Where did you look/search?

I've checked Craig's List and area storage spaces but I'm not having much luck. Sure takes a big space to garage one of these babies.

Thanks so much for the advice!
I found a company that makes Food trucks and sells them... they have extra space in their warehouse area and rent it out for boats, RV;s etc.. another place in town is a trucking company that often has very slow periods in the fall winter and early spring (some spots year round) and rents out space as their warehouses empty out in winter and it gets them some extra cash...

of course the only caveat to those type places is that you dont have 24 hour access to your bus.. though they are locked up and secured both wit ha fence / gate and an alarm system inside.. but for me I can park a bus in front of my house for a day or 2 at a time so those hours arent a big deal...

you can try calling / going to some places like that and just see if they may have space..

-Christopher
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote