Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2016, 09:37 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Seat for ...

Hi-Sorry if this is covered elsewhere-I've been trying to search and no luck-I'm looking at a short bus and my wife wanted to know where her seat would be. So my question is - do most people add a "passenger seat" or just leave the front row on the passenger side or? I had been thinking about welding up a small box for a 3rd row suv seat from the junkyard but then seatbelts etc become an issue. I have a passenger seat from an Econoline 350 that I could bolt in and anchor the shoulder point to the box/channel between windows. But I wondered what others had done. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
N.B.-We're starting with a rolling artist's studio; I'm trying to stealth my way into a full conversion

marctheprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:48 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: GMC
Rated Cap: 42
We have a 42 passenger Bluebird and we left the second row seat on the passenger side and moved a seat from the driver's side over to the first row of the passenger side and fastened a table to the wall and the floor between the two seats. So now I sit at the dining room table and read while the wife drives. Many of us are trying to stealth our way to a full conversion!
JA Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:35 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 83
I have some seats from a Chevrolet pickup truck. The seat belts are integrated into the seat. Ford and Chrysler have some seats like that too. I don't know who else uses them but I'm sure you can find some at a salvage yard. Mine have arm rests and I'm going to mount them on a swivel base. Good luck. Here is an example. http://www.explorerforum.com/photopo...ts_arrived.jpg
Old 06-26-2016, 06:33 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Minivan/SUV seats are definitely more comfortable than bus seats! I also wonder if your plan includes removing the divider between the entry steps and the first row on the passenger side. This may help the copilot feel more like they're in the action so to speak and not separated from the driver.
jake_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:45 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 2 elderly children, 1 cat
10ga. steel base off the seat rail and bolted to floor with seatbelt. I added a small table top to this partition.

"This is MY seat and you can't sit here" look.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:17 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I put a seat in backwards right behind the Modesty panel and theres the nice big window in the wheel chair door to look out.. or if person doesnt want to site backwards I also placed a seat front-wise on the otherside of the wheen chair door facing the backward seat... im working on a table that can fit in too.. but thus far my friends like to ride in the backward seat or they think its fun to stand on the stairs ..
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:23 PM   #7
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: 3800 International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
I mounted a seat from a conversion van, I modified the base, mounted by the stairs, it slides forward when travelling then it can spin around when parked, the base had seat belt mounted already , pics are in my build thread
gbstewart