Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All-American R/E
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Securing things to a floating floor

How do you go about it? Just screw it all to the plywood? Couches/chairs in particular. Obviously bunks and cabinets can go to the ceiling or a wall.

opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
Skoolie

Coachwork: - Still Shopping -
Chassis: - Going Medium/Large -
Engine: - DT466 Desired -
Re: Securing things to a floating floor

Hey Opus ..

.. I have to be honest with you man .. some of the installations I have seen scare me to death .. floating floors and minimally-secured hardware inside the bus with warm bodies is not good in an emergency .. if you absolutely must have anything inside, bolt it all down .. tight .. through the floor so that nothing flies apart in a fender bender or , God forbid, a roll-over ..

.. I used to have some pictures of the back end of an ambulance that flipped over, didn't roll, just flipped after impact .. the O2 tank destroyed everything in the rear, including the paramedic's career, and only made an already injured person worse-off .. the defibrillator punched a hole clean through the wall and the rest of all the flying gear became shrapnel .. for what it's worth, bolt it all down .. hard .. put your batteries and water tanks, and every other accessory you can, under the bus and mounted to the frame .. even a gameboy/Nitendo DS can do some damage at 40+ mph, much less the TV it is attached to .. just saying ..

God's Speed brother ..
RevBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All-American R/E
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

I just spent a week in an entertainer coach. The only saving grace there is the wall at the front to keep from killing the driver or launching everything out the front window. I'll have to look at this more.....

Thanks Bill
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

I'm rather fond of the "bolt the suckers to the floor" theory. Along with locking all the cabinet doors/drawers shut and pinning the fridge & freezer doors shut. I would rather my "cause of death" isn't listed as a flying pickle jar!
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote