Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   School Bus Conversion Resources > Bus Conversions > Conversion General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2022, 10:05 AM   #41
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins, Allison AT1545
Rated Cap: 2
i thought this was about different bus models......
you've been offered up the array of choices.

i did go and look at your floorplan. nice slideouts!

have you considered the wheel wells? they'll cause issues for your plans too

if you intend to build the slide outs, why is the location or dimension of any door an issue? your floor plan has you building 4 sliding doors? only if the stock door is in your right location? are your fabrication skills not up to snuff to make a 5th door?

this is a diy forum.

diy

i am looking forward to seeing your free energy machine. please post pics

Old 09-07-2022, 10:12 AM   #42
Skoolie

I plan to live off the grid. That's a good thing ok. Ok??? If you don't agree with living off the grid, then great, keep living your life of dependence on an industry that can't stay afloat without "10 Million a Minute" in subsidies for the richest and most polluting.

Being against free energy is like suggesting that wind energy is a conspiracy, it's not really true. And solar energy, that's just a myth propagated by some tree huggers.

Surely you are not afraid of wind and solar and hydro and geothermal, are you? So when did they shut off the supply of new and improved inventions?

~~~

It is possible my two top alternative energy inventions if they are correct, and they are fairly easy to analyze, so it's of high certainty they both will work, would make me at the top of inventors of the second wave of alternative energy inventors.

Let's face it, we are lucky to get 10% or maybe 20% improvement over last year's best, so when I offer 400% better, that's absolutely revolutionizing the category and would be enough to dislodge the energy cartels as the best place to go for energy.

People mock the idea because it's not already patented and mass-produced... Which is a wildly unrealistic view.

~~~

I guess most of you never gave free energy serious consideration because the energy cartels will not allow such a revolutionary invention to be mass-produced.

It would shut down their main revenue stream as the demand for petroleum for fuel would become extinguished rather quickly. As it eventually should.

Free energy. It's what the world needs the most, but we talk about the least. Since actions speak louder than words, fear is no way to live. Let's be reasonable when it comes to the most important matters in life.
Old 09-07-2022, 10:26 AM   #43
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf View Post
i thought this was about different bus models......
you've been offered up the array of choices.

i did go and look at your floorplan. nice slideouts!

have you considered the wheel wells? they'll cause issues for your plans too

if you intend to build the slide outs, why is the location or dimension of any door an issue? your floor plan has you building 4 sliding doors? only if the stock door is in your right location? are your fabrication skills not up to snuff to make a 5th door?

this is a diy forum.

diy ...
Right on and thanks for the kind words. I am glad to learn there are some other bus models that might work. But so far I have not found others but one and it's the same manufacturer and nearly the same bus model, LOL.

I plan ahead so the project is more realistic and manageable. It's like a shortcut to learning what might still be wrong with the design. And I do wish to know any design flaws.

I also plan ahead because others might also like the design if it's good enough and might want it mass-produced. So I consider a design like this to have some mass appeal. Perhaps some commercial value. IDK.

~~~

Thank you kindly for the interest and yes, I have some keen RV and construction skills having worked in that industry the most and living near the capital of that industry (Elkhart county Indiana) for most of my life. And I have literally designed a thousand bus RV plans over the years. It's not just a passing interest with me. It's a new improved lifestyle.

Notice the Amish are also heavily populated near the RV capital of the nation/world. Like I say, because of my family lineage, I am from the Amish. What I say is true, and I am here to bless you all.

What I have already done to bless you all, is probably more than anyone else has done or will do. So if some take offense to me and what I stand for, they are taking offense at me wishing to bless them more than they imagine.
Old 09-07-2022, 11:38 AM   #44
Skoolie

Quote:

i am looking forward to seeing your free energy machine. please post pics
Thanks. I tried to find a way to convert my MP4 video of it working, into a gif or something, but so far no luck. A picture does not do justice compared to a video. I am not much of a businessman and don't really have a website together yet for my inventions. I share about it on social media and that's where the video was.

I even removed one of the synchronized rotors so one can see what is going on within the device. Extremely informative and helps demonstrate how well thought out this design is. Any suggestions for how I could convert my video so it can be viewed here would be appreciated.

It literally creates chambers that fully catch the wind for a significant increase in energy production. I'd post a video of it, but the forum file format offerings seem to exclude mp4s for some strange reason. Like cell phones are not ubiquitous and so are videos instead of just pics. Talk about staying in the ancient past.
Old 09-07-2022, 11:44 AM   #45
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: CE300
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 23
Share the link to your social media postings.
Or create a free YouTube account and host it there.
Shouldn't take you more than an hour.

Our Build: Mr. Beefy
Old 09-07-2022, 12:14 PM   #46
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHubbardBus View Post
Share the link to your social media postings.
Or create a free YouTube account and host it there.
Shouldn't take you more than an hour.
Thanks! Already have an account on youtube,, thanks for the helpful constructive suggestion. I'll toss up a link as soon as the upload is done. I took out 2 rotors to have better viewing inside, not just one.

This lets you see inside the main concept and how it works. So don't expect a finished-looking product. It's real hard to evaluate a wind turbine,,, right? LOL Not. My idea is solid and digitally prototyped, so I know it will work and that's good enough for me.

This is just concept validation, and if you saw the preliminary video demonstration, your mind would be more open to the background for how this thing works and was developed over the course of about 9 years. Such is life, but you all get this one glimpse into my best invention that is also very likely to work as described. 4 times more energy than the best we have today.

https://youtu.be/Q7PRe03IBTI
Old 09-07-2022, 01:27 PM   #47
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: CE300
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 23
Very interesting.
I found a link you may find useful. Might even be someone you could collaborate with.
According to this site it's been done before, with various iterations under different patents. But that doesn't mean your twist on the theme (pun absolutely intended) couldn't potentially satisfy the requirements of original art, assuming the linked site is accurate and your invention incorporates features which truly set it apart from prior work.

https://www.treefinder.de/ideas.html

Our Build: Mr. Beefy
Old 09-07-2022, 01:27 PM   #48
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000, 40' MPV
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/B300 trans
Rated Cap: U/K
With that frontal area and multiple bearing resistance, it looks more like it would impede the flow of air, IE, blow over.
Old 09-07-2022, 01:51 PM   #49
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwnielsen View Post
With that frontal area and multiple bearing resistance, it looks more like it would impede the flow of air, IE, blow over.
You say impede the flow of air, I say catch. Don't get bothered over semantics. That is the whole point, it's supposed to catch the air. It's a wind turbine, that's what it's supposed to do.

Ok, I didn't expect sharp engineering responses, but this is a bit laughable. You find fault with it, because it's working perfectly as described. Brilliant.

The idea is that it "catches" "all" the wind instead of just "redirects" a "small minor fraction". That's why my design is so much more powerful than the rest. So thanks for agreeing with how it works. I guess.
Old 09-07-2022, 01:58 PM   #50
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHubbardBus View Post
Very interesting.
I found a link you may find useful. Might even be someone you could collaborate with.
According to this site it's been done before, with various iterations under different patents. But that doesn't mean your twist on the theme (pun absolutely intended) couldn't potentially satisfy the requirements of original art, assuming the linked site is accurate and your invention incorporates features which truly set it apart from prior work.

https://www.treefinder.de/ideas.html
Very interesting. That is only the second time I have seen something related to my design copied. The first time was like a decade ago, and was from a foreign nation in the middle east.

Sorry for bringing this up but this is almost certainly a copy of my design from a decade ago, only ,,, like me, they also advanced the design beyond straight, and made it slanted.

I feel quite robbed. But I can't prove they stole it from me. I designed this on my own over a decade ago and only get to the other twisted stage just a couple of years ago.

~~~

Of course, I could be mistaken and they developed this on their own too, but this does not feel good.

I just lost the value of about 12 years of my own work.

Don't I feel lucky.
Old 09-07-2022, 03:22 PM   #51
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TS FE 2509
Engine: Cummins 5.9l ISB CM550
Rated Cap: 34
well hells bells! The idea has been overlooked for at least 110 years, as some old patents indicate, and it seems to have been reinvented several times (e.g. DE131392, DE19738132, FR1199521, US2410341). The earliest patent I know of is by Adolf Wünsche from 1901.

we're not as unique as we think

just buy a bus then people in here will take it seriously, until then it's just a theoretical exercise
Old 09-07-2022, 04:17 PM   #52
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
ok clean energy?
have you patent your project yet?
obviously not?
i would be more than happy to by your product if it has a proven track record.
of course we believe in solar and you throwing me under the bus in another thread for not being educated about wind?
most people here have educated thereselves for what they do before they do it.
many methods and technique's??
if you are offended by my post please?
might get band for this and i am not on here enough to matter.
free energy.
shut up when you are talking you me.
Old 09-07-2022, 06:11 PM   #53
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger bus 223 View Post
ok clean energy?
have you patent your project yet?
obviously not?

if you are offended by my post please?
might get band for this and i am not on here enough to matter.
free energy.
shut up when you are talking you me.
I just wish you were consistent enough to follow your own rule, but you just broke it.

No one respects "say one thing and do another", yet here you are so caught up in needless senseless anger that you openly violate your own rule just to attack me.

You can't make this sheot up.
Old 09-07-2022, 06:23 PM   #54
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchy View Post

just buy a bus then people in here will take it seriously, until then it's just a theoretical exercise
No. If people can't respect planning before buying, then I probably don't want to hear from them so no big loss. If people have something good to say that's great, but this belittling of my project is bs so please don't join in.
Old 09-07-2022, 07:17 PM   #55
Bus Crazy

so...... where on the bus does this windmill fit?

what sort of capacity do you estimate?

a fan is cool, but where's the math? why is it a better solution to the windmills today? i read the words, but i want to see the principle.

you should have a working prototype with 3d printing pretty darn cheap, thesedays
Old 09-07-2022, 11:22 PM   #56
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Integrated Coach Corp.
Chassis: RE-300 42ft
Engine: 466ci
Rated Cap: 90
um, kinda hit the toilet there

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnakansas View Post
Should easily be 4 times better than the best we have today

Cool. I hope you pass on the knowledge of this advancement in fluid dynamics, physics, and electrical engineering. The world could sure make good use of it.

as to the pettiness of some of the comments... just kinda disappointing all round.

C'mon folks can we do better?

william
(You can say that again.)
Old 09-07-2022, 11:37 PM   #57
Bus Crazy

Year: 1954
Coachwork: wayne
Chassis: old f500- new 2005 f-450
Engine: cummins 12 valve
Rated Cap: 20? five rows of 4?
um, kinda hit the toilet there

Should easily be 4 times better than the best we have today

Cool. I hope you pass on the knowledge of this advancement in fluid dynamics, physics, and electrical engineering. The world could sure make good use of it.

as to the pettiness of some of the comments... just kinda disappointing all round.

C'mon folks can we do better?

william
Old 09-08-2022, 12:30 AM   #58
Bus Crazy

ok, where is an engineer?

i got questions.

i don't think the multiblade turbine will turn under wind power.

like a wind break, if there is no porosity for the wind to pass, the wind will deflect up and over. ideal 50% porosity for wind to pass thru for it to act upon the turbines.

it may compress gas, but unless there was a tempchange or some other energy harvest, its just not going to do better than a traditional turbine.

imo, with equal area, a vertical shaft would give you rpms or horsepower, a traditional propeller would give you torque.

on a side note - many of these links include versions of a hydraulic pump. i have a friend that built a hydraulic ram pump for his cabin cistern water system in remote BC. if you're into free energy and all, its a cool setup.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:20 AM   #59
Skoolie

Quote:
ok, where is an engineer?

i got questions.

i don't think the multiblade turbine will turn under wind power.

like a wind break, if there is no porosity for the wind to pass, the wind will deflect up and over. ideal 50% porosity for wind to pass thru for it to act upon the turbines.

it may compress gas, but unless there was a tempchange or some other energy harvest, its just not going to do better than a traditional turbine.

imo, with equal area, a vertical shaft would give you rpms or horsepower, a traditional propeller would give you torque.

on a side note - many of these links include versions of a hydraulic pump. i have a friend that built a hydraulic ram pump for his cabin cistern water system in remote BC. if you're into free energy and all, its a cool setup.
Right on. Questions are fine but I will copy and save this response as a classic example of automatic resistance against original thinking based on flimsy reasoning. Don't worry you are not alone.

The truth matters. We are human and prone to error, but your "reasoning" seems a little light on accuracy. Not totally wrong, but also not right.

You can take much more friction-laden systems and turn them that are not even designed to be turned by hand. Like a small engine for example, but my system has much less friction and will clearly spin even though you "kinda" suggest it won't, with nearly no accurate support reasoning.

~~~

I realize that the system weight and system friction involved is something to avoid/reduce, but I do not think it's so bad that it would stop the force of the wind, and so the machine would indeed turn. And that's the interesting bit.

After it turns, it starts shedding spent wind out the back of the machine, so the idea it's just a blocker of wind is only partially correct. During use it's a MOVING wall of "catchment", and that is a perfect way to catch the wind exhausting out the back. IMHO.

Also, this should also be a better aircraft propeller!
Old 09-08-2022, 07:41 AM   #60
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
Siemens, general electric, etc. would all pay a large fortune for a windmill that was 4x efficient. They'd have the market cornered, and would then be able to create 4x the power they currently do, thus making wind energy more profitable.

When the idea was proposed, I was under the impression it was a modification to a conventional wind turbine. Although skeptical, I was truly wanting to see it. I can now, unequivocally say, that this isn't going to work. This design skips over a lot of fundamentals at play with capturing wind energy, like aerodynamics, wind resistance, and, most importantly, friction and drag in the power generation assembly.

The head pressure required to even get this started to spin would deflect the majority of wind around the unit. This idea will be no more then a cool visualization in autocad. Any proof of concept will very likely fail, and I don't foresee this ever being adapted large scale.

The only hope for this thing would be if it were installed in a canyon, where geography can assist in creating enough of a high pressure zone that will get this turning. Perhaps you can adapt it to hydro-electric use, as head pressure and deflection wouldn't be an issue there.

But once again, the main players there, most of which are also active in wind turbines, have likely tried and failed this design already.