Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2020, 01:32 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Question Selling my skoolie!

Hello good people!

I'm in need of some help. It seems that selling a bus is as stressful as buying one. I bought our bus in 2018 and starting converting in 2019, pretty much finishing the build earlier this year. Since buying the bus, I have yet to title and register it (yes, I drove it home illegally, albeit a very short drive). We were planning on doing that once the bus was done and ready to start traveling. Unfortunately, that opportunity never came for us due to the pandemic, etc. So, we have decided that it’s best for us to sell our pride and joy. The plates are from Minnesota, I’m in Wisconsin. What I wondering is if I can just transfer the title in my name without registering it, and still be able to sell it even though it’s converted into an RV (meeting 6 of the 6 requirements to be acknowledged as an RV in Wisconsin). I don’t want to have to pay to register it if I’m just going to sell it.

If you’re confused by what I’m trying to say but still want to help, let me know if I need to explain my confusion better.

Thanks and I appreciate ya’ll in advance!

travelingandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:26 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
No idea in your state but technically you likely can get it titled to you and not buy a plate as long as you don’t plan to drive it, legally you’d likely have to get a temp tag or have it towed from home to the dmv if your state does a vin inspection like Ohio does.

If it hasn’t been driven in 2 years there’s likely quite a bit of prep work for you or it’s buyer to make it road worthy again too
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:36 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Yeah an emissions test will need to be done.
travelingandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
selling