Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2006, 12:21 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

shotgun seats

What ideas do y'all have for seating for your shotgun rider? I like what is on that flying pig bus -- http://www.pettypb.com/bus -- and somebody else I saw that used a fold'n'tumble seat for a front passenger.

Any other good options out there? Pics are good.

waywardfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:44 AM   #2
Almost There

I really want shotgun seat in my bus.. It drives me crazy to have everyone sitting behind me talking to me. Doing the look in the mirror talking thing. I used to drive a van, and was used to my travel partner sitting next to me.
ParadigmCrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #3
trx
Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Chevy C-60
Engine: 8.2L Turbo Detroit Diesel
Rated Cap: 77
Send a message via ICQ to trx
My bus has the fold & tumble seats. Pictures are on this page:

http://trx.punknet.org/Gallery/Skoolie2005?page=2

They are from a Chevy Lumina APV van (1990-96). I raised the seats 7 inches using an old bed frame. For the passenger seat you can quickly flip it up and out of the way to allow for entry & exit. Both seats can also be removed while camping to provide more floor space. Add a base for them to latch on to and you can use them anywhere. It's nice not having to sit alone while driving. If you need better close-ups on my modifications just let me know (if you find the same seats). I'd rate them adequate for comfort.

Chad
trx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:50 AM   #4
Almost There

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American FE
Engine: Cummins 555 9.1 L diesel
Rated Cap: 77
Removable shotgun seat

I have a novel contraption... I built a cut-out of 3/4 plywood that fits over the stairwell but has the door sweep cut out for emergency exit and driving with the door open. On that I mounted a threaded 2" galvanized pipe flange, and threaded a 7" section of pipe onto that, which threads into another flange mounted on the bottom of the middle seat from a middle bank from a Ford minivan. It folds down, and being the middle seat, didn't have a headrest, so it's lighter. When I need seating, or we're going for a long trip, we put in the shotgun seat over the stairs. It would seem to be a huge pain in the ass to get in and out of the bus when it's installed, but that really hasn't proved to be the case.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:19 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

This guy has a REALLY cool shot gun seat. I love his entire bus, but the link should start right at his seat reveal.
PoisenedLily is offline   Reply With Quote