Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2021, 12:54 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: 6.7 Cummins
Should I buy this 2007 Pilgrim International

Hi, I'm looking to buy a 2007 Pilgrim International with a DT466e. He is not sure if he knows what transmission it is. From my reading 2007 is the latest year one should buy due to tightening emissions regulations after that date.

What I like about the bus is that the insulation, floors walls and ceiling are already put in, which saves me alot of work.

The front tires are soon due, and the oil pan has a small leak, so it will need to be changed but can be driven short distances. There's a bit of rust here and there but nothing serious.

He said he bought it for 5.5k and put 6-7k on it and wants to sell it for 7k. This is in CDN $. 300k km.

Do you think this could be a good purchase? From my research it seems the Cummins engine is the one to go for, the DT466e gets mixed opinions, it seems seals could be an issue on them but it wasn't clear if it was for the 07 model specifically. From what I get this is a turbo model with egr but no def? Anyone have any direct feedback on it?

This is for our 4 season mobile condo. Thanks!

CompLexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:23 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466E (195hp, 520tq)
When we bought ours it was generally stated that 2003 was the last year before nasty emissions. Not sure how bad they are on the '07 though. You do need to identify the tranny to make sure it's not the AT545. Does the shifter just have 1-2-3-D-N-R? That is the AT545. 1-2-4-D-N-R or push button ones are good.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:29 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermracing View Post
When we bought ours it was generally stated that 2003 was the last year before nasty emissions. Not sure how bad they are on the '07 though. You do need to identify the tranny to make sure it's not the AT545. Does the shifter just have 1-2-3-D-N-R? That is the AT545. 1-2-4-D-N-R or push button ones are good.
I have not seen it in person yet, was hoping to have an idea if it was worth it and what to look for first. Thanks I will remember to check for that
Old 04-06-2021, 05:03 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
The seller paid top dollar IMHO. Cummins 8.3 is the only Cummins I would consider and they are few. DT466 is one of the most sought after engines. After 03 EPA stuff could be problematic, but it's not the engine.
Go to the UserCP and fill out your profile with your location, helps answer questions easier.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:43 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
Price seems ok to me and not out of line in this market, what $5500 USD and under 200K miles? Lots of the grunt work has been done so you'll be well ahead of where a lot of people are. Many people get burned out after the demo and so they sell the bus right before the fun stuff starts. I don't know squat about the emissions but if it's mechanically sound then I'd say go for it.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:27 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Ok, done and thanks! Booking a date to go check her out.