Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2019, 09:09 PM   #41
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
Not quite sure I understand? Bainbridge is a bit over 8 miles from Seattle.
Bainbridge is a high dollar Seattle island, have to take a ferry. I think you can access by land, but it takes a lot longer. I doubt with the law enforcement on the island that they'd have much problem with vagrants. I was parking on a back side road, wasn't there 5 minutes before they showed up. When I saw the video pics of the tent city there, I never realized it was like that in Seattle. I found Seattle to be a quite tiny city and other than the Space Needle I haven't really toured Seattle, always roll in and jump on the ferry, $80 for the bus.

o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:25 PM   #42
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue-Bird
Chassis: TC RE 3408
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12V Mechanical/Allison MT643
Rated Cap: Blue-Bird says 72 pass.
I'm not a city person. I've always liked trees more than people. I did try to live in a few different cities when I was younger, but it always turned out to be a mistake. Some places were more of a mistake than others, like Montreal, spring 1970. That one was pretty close, but I did make it out of there in one piece.
gs1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:01 PM   #43
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1949 View Post
I'm not a city person. I've always liked trees more than people. I did try to live in a few different cities when I was younger, but it always turned out to be a mistake. Some places were more of a mistake than others, like Montreal, spring 1970. That one was pretty close, but I did make it out of there in one piece.
I absolutely hate cities, always grew up in rural areas and country. I have only lived what I consider one city and that was when I first moved back to Ca. in 75 and we stayed in a motel in downtown San Diego. Absolutely can't understand how people like that environment to live in.Everything was fine when we hung near the beach, but city is too claustrophobic. I was out of there after 2 weeks, went back to the north east valley of L.A. for a few years before I had to get back to the country. I grew up in Sandy Hook, Ct. only left because of the brutal winters. Now I live at the base of the Appalachian trail, this is my back yard. If I were wanting to sleep in an RV in L.A. it would only be on a beach.Otherwise I gotta have trees also.
Attached Thumbnails
20190526_225947.jpg  
Old 05-26-2019, 10:12 PM   #44
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
like others, l'm country by choice and heritage - this a view looking from my kennels out the driveway - hard to find a scene here in this area that wouldn't make a lovely post card
Attached Thumbnails
new kennels growing.jpg  
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:17 PM   #45
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
like others, l'm country by choice and heritage - this a view looking from my kennels out the driveway - hard to find a scene here in this area that wouldn't make a lovely post card
I'm headin your way. The bus is so I can go places where there are trees on all 4 sides.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:29 PM   #46
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I'm headin your way. The bus is so I can go places where there are trees on all 4 sides.
LOTS of trees in this area - very lush growth - the area is classified as an interior rain forest - we don't really get a lot of rain like they do at the coast, but enough that things grow fast - good hunting and fishing here for those interested - deer, elk and some moose - also 2 types of bears, cougars, wolves, coyotes, wild turkeys, grouse - streams, rivers and lakes ( and there are many of them ) give up a variety of fish, some up into the 30+ lbs range
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:38 PM   #47
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1949 View Post
@marc01, I don't know if you watched the video I posted, but in it they talk quite a bit about the 3 gram rule, which effectively decriminalizes the possession of less than 3 grams of heroin or cocaine. So as long as the dealers are careful about how much they're actually carrying, it effectively decriminalizes dealing too.

So that attracts heroin addicts from the rest of the country, which is the main reason why there are so many addicts in Seattle. When I go through Seattle I don't even like to slow down any more.
Well that explains a lot.
802trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:57 PM   #48
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
LOTS of trees in this area - very lush growth - the area is classified as an interior rain forest - we don't really get a lot of rain like they do at the coast, but enough that things grow fast - good hunting and fishing here for those interested - deer, elk and some moose - also 2 types of bears, cougars, wolves, coyotes, wild turkeys, grouse - streams, rivers and lakes ( and there are many of them ) give up a variety of fish, some up into the 30+ lbs range
Just stop Now I remember why I wanted tall lockers, for the fishing poles.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:51 PM   #49
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue-Bird
Chassis: TC RE 3408
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12V Mechanical/Allison MT643
Rated Cap: Blue-Bird says 72 pass.
@Sleddgracer, I've been through that area several times, on both the TransCanada and hwy 3, plus I once spent about a week near Parson. It's all extremely beautiful and peaceful, plus the interior rain forest is very cool, even the Devil's Club, if you manage to avoid it.

@802trees, yes, it goes a long way toward explaining how what was a fascinating, and generally very laid back city 30 or 35 years ago became such a [multiple expletives deleted] hole nowadays.

@marc01, I knew there was a good reason I didn't want those short lockers I found on Oregon craigslist, thanks very much for reminding me what it was. I don't think a shotgun would fit very well in those short lockers either.
gs1949 is offline   Reply With Quote