Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2021, 07:41 AM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
Some tools and "bus life" things we like...

I admit, I didn't know which category to put this in. Most are tools, but there's a blanket and an induction cooktop and traction boards. A hodgepodge of things, really. But I was asked to give a few gift ideas, which morphed into me putting together a brief video of some things we especially like and which might be a nice surprise for someone (meaning, they may not already have them).

Whether you're shopping or not, I hope that some of these tools and things are new to you or spark some ideas for improving your toolbox...or your lap...or your kitchen. And some of these, like the tire lug nut torque multiplier or the Power Probe, are items I've recommended here often and consider "must haves" for your travels.

A programming note: I show everything briefly in the first couple of minutes, so you don't have to watch the whole thing through the "countdown" if nothing catches your interest. And, if you have anything you especially like and recommend please share it in the comments.

https://youtu.be/yf1VK4Vg_7Y

rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 10:49 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1990
Chassis: Crown Supercoach
Engine: Detroit 6-71TA, 10 sp.
Rated Cap: 90 (40')
Thanks for this round-up of useful gadgets. I appreciate that all those tools are "well loved". If you've used them that much and still recommend them, that really means something. I have also been mispronouncing Kuh-nip-x

I have the same crimpers and like that you can easily swap out dies for different jobs. So far I've only used the heat shrink and MC4 connector dies, but there are 10 or so other options to explore if the need arises.
Tejon7 is offline   Reply With Quote