Originally Posted by tobeamiss
My thought was to attach furring strips to each rib. I've taped off the ribs with duct tape to fit the rib exactly (I learned from your experience Robin97396). Right now, HD has duct tape which is about 1 inch wide. It comes in a package of about 6 rolls. I love it because I don't have to cut down regular duct tape to fit the rib perfectly.
Now I'm ready to spray the foam.
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I duct taped the interior of my bus the hard way. I used regular duct tape then went back and trimmed the excess 1/4" stips off the sides of each rib with a razor blade. What a pain. It took me four days just to tape the bus. That's a lot of tape.
As it turns out taping for spray foam doesn't need to be very carefully done. The apparent purpose is simply to have a flat and clean rib surface without a bunch of foam making the rib lumpy. My foam guy sprayed 1 1/2" to 2" deep over the ribs. I had to chisel my way down to the ribs to expose the duct tape on the entire ceiling and walls, then level all the foam between the ribs. That took another eight days of sawing and carving foam. After all the sweating and cussing during the heat of the summer it was well worth all the effort this winter.
Yesterday I finally finished hanging my interior plywood ceiling panels. I still need to box in the wiring bundles that run along the top of the side windows, then finish up around the driver's window. I love the look of the tongue and groove, but I went with plywood as part of keeping this vehicle as the van stated on the title.
Foam is good, and by now all my skinned knuckles have healed up.