Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2005, 03:22 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Send a message via Yahoo to phillip266
Storage Help Please

i have a 1979 35 foot chev bus and just moved to Mi withing the last few
Months .
i have had a realy had time trying to find a place to store my bus untill i get my land and house iam renting at thsi time and landloard will not alow meto keep the bus at my house any ideas i have it stored at a place right now but by laborday i have to find another place as people with large motorhomes have it prerented for the winter
thanks for all your help

Old 08-03-2005, 10:04 PM   #2
Bus Geek

I also live in michigan....just a few tips i've learned....

it seems the places i called had a different price for vehicle that were 35 feet or less, vs vehicles that are over 35 feet. If your's is like my new bus, 36 feet long, just tell the storage place it's "about 35 feet". That seems to work well. I also ask if they have storage available for my motorhome, rather than my old bus.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:25 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Send a message via Yahoo to phillip266
what part of Mi

I live in the Martin area
Between grand rapids kalamazoo
what part of mi do you live in it would be nice to meet other schoolies
Old 08-21-2005, 06:27 PM   #4

If it were me I would park the bus in the driveway. I have always had the attitude that if I am renting the house then I will use it as I see fit, as long as I'm not tearing anything up. Especially if the lease says nothing about buses. What is it going to hurt him. How does this effect your ability to pay rent. Is this guy gonna tell you what kind of car you're allowed to have too? What law are you breaking? Park the bus off the grass at your house. If you can park it on the street. I don't believe there's **** he can do. What's the worst that can happen? If he somehow does come up with a legal way to evict you, he'll have to give you 30 days notice. Plenty of time to rent from someone else who won't tell you how to live. I went through this **** with my landlord. I told him exactly what I just wrote. "I don't tear **** up", and "I always pay my rent at least a week early". "If the bus goes, I'll go". That was the last I ever heard about it, because he knows I'm right. I hate stuck up snobs who are offended by others who aren't bothering them. That's just me, though.
thomastedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 01:36 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Word to that man... Fight the Power

But really tho, I completly agree with Thom. there.
Dan-O is offline   Reply With Quote