Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2019, 07:02 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC 1000
Engine: 5.9/AT
Rated Cap: 2 adults, 2 dogs
Question Sub Floor Under Driver Seat

I'm about to finish my floor demolition this weekend. The only wood left to peel up is that under the driver seat. It appears that it stops short of the pedals. It's a 99 BB TC1000 flat nose bus. Do the pedals go through holes in the plywood or does it stop short of them. Thanks---Tim
Attached Thumbnails
underdriverseat.jpg  

AZHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:27 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
My drivers seat and engine cover are raised from the floor like yours by a couple inches. I don't see any indication of wear there, so I'm leaving that platform alone.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:00 PM   #3
Skoolie

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Perhaps use it as a smaller project later on if needed
Old 05-13-2019, 09:01 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHippie View Post
That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Perhaps use it as a smaller project later on if needed
My thoughts exactly. I can complete everything else without that section affecting anything, so I even stopped pulling the ceiling panels up there.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:46 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHippie View Post
I'm about to finish my floor demolition this weekend. The only wood left to peel up is that under the driver seat. It appears that it stops short of the pedals. It's a 99 BB TC1000 flat nose bus. Do the pedals go through holes in the plywood or does it stop short of them. Thanks---Tim
I have the same bus, the same year, also from Tucson!
I had to replace the treadle valve under the brake petal, and it was a chore. It would have been easy if the entire petal assembly (with both petals mounted on the floor-plate) came up, but it was wedged under the dash-framework, and caulked in place, and I wasn't about to blow that up while stuck in a bank parking lot that said no overnight parking (it was there for 3 days).
I don't remember there being plywood under that plate, but I am not 100% sure (say 90%)
Attached Thumbnails
0514191839[1].jpg  
Mountain Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:49 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
I guess that pic sucks. just back from there on the right side, the floor plate starts going under the wall, not next to it.
Mountain Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:16 PM   #7
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
My Thomas has a raised section of floor under the drivers seat. Its at least 4" higher than the rest of the bus.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:29 PM   #8
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Gnome View Post
I have the same bus, the same year, also from Tucson!
I had to replace the treadle valve under the brake petal, and it was a chore. It would have been easy if the entire petal assembly (with both petals mounted on the floor-plate) came up, but it was wedged under the dash-framework, and caulked in place, and I wasn't about to blow that up while stuck in a bank parking lot that said no overnight parking (it was there for 3 days).
I don't remember there being plywood under that plate, but I am not 100% sure (say 90%)
Thanks, I think I'm going to skip that area for now. Sanding/brushing/washing Saturday, and Corroseal Sunday. Then moving on to the wheelchair door.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:40 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
all of my busses are CE style and 2 of them have separsate plywood for the driver area.. I just got done rebuilding the one in my DEV bus because it wasnt mated correctly which allowed LOTS of engine heat into the driver area.. now I can drive with the A/C turned off and windows closed when its 67 outside and I dont roast.. previously id have had the windows all down or the A/C blasting after the bus ran longer than 15 minutes..

its definitely worth checking around the doghouse to see if that wood and metal are properly put together...

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:44 PM   #10
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
all of my busses are CE style and 2 of them have separsate plywood for the driver area.. I just got done rebuilding the one in my DEV bus because it wasnt mated correctly which allowed LOTS of engine heat into the driver area.. now I can drive with the A/C turned off and windows closed when its 67 outside and I dont roast.. previously id have had the windows all down or the A/C blasting after the bus ran longer than 15 minutes..

its definitely worth checking around the doghouse to see if that wood and metal are properly put together...

-Christopher

Thanks, I will check it to make sure. If I have any doubt I will rip it up and start over.