Originally Posted by Iheartbus
I'm using an outdoor outlet with a 25ft 12a extension cord that runs a fan and charges my phone...every night when the outdoor lights turn on it trips the breaker. I don't understand why.
Anyone have any advice on a better cord?
What about the outdoor outlet? What exactly do you mean by that? is it at a campsite, borrowed or what?
What kind of extension cord are you using? One for outdoor use? Could have bad insulation and getting wet on the ground at night.
And now the breakers trip even if not in use? Better sleep with one eye open, you could have a fire with a mess like that.