Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2021, 05:10 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466 / MD3060
Unaffiliated plug for perfect fit windshield covers / heat shields

Skoolie fam!
Just got my heat shield in the mail, super stoked and wanted to share it with the community.
Long time supporter of this company, totally unaffiliated - I just love a good product when I find one!

TLDR: Factory-fit and custom windshield heat-shield covers for almost every make and model. Durable, made in USA, really great prices. Heather's Heat Shield

Background: We live in Las Vegas (it gets hot AF here) and before that Denver, CO (a plastic Starbucks cup melted in my wife's Prius). . . long story and I will save you the details - but eventually I found this company Heather's Heat Shield that makes custom-fit windshield covers for each automobile make & model.

They ALSO will do a custom job for about $150 if I remember. They'll send you a "pattern kit" (large piece roll of craft paper) to trace your windshield, and then you send it back and they'll make a pattern and send you a perfect-fit windshield cover.

I made a custom pattern for my '95 International 3800, expecting to pay the full $150 for a custom (worth it in the long run). When I got the call that my custom pattern was ready, I called to place the order - and they said they already had the pattern in their system!

$60 and about 1 week later, I now have a perfect-fit headshield for the bus! These things are really well made; thick, flexible foam-core like material, with fabric hemmed edges and a built-in velcro strap. They make a huge difference in all 3 of our vehicles, and I'm sure they're going to make a big difference it the big ol' bus windshield.

Just wanted to throw out a tip for anyone looking for a good way to cover up that big windshield!
They have a classic silver/white, and a really nice looking gold/black finish as well - check them out!!
Attached Thumbnails
20210702_145128.jpg   20210702_145143.jpg   20210702_145153.jpg   20210702_145209.jpg  

A_Bus_Called_Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 09:28 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Just checked and see they have my 99 Genesis in the system for $45, not a bad price.
Old 07-02-2021, 09:40 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
Consider yourself thanked! I tried to thank you the "right way" but it seems there's no Thank button on my phone view.
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 11:26 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossvtaylor View Post
Consider yourself thanked! I tried to thank you the "right way" but it seems there's no Thank button on my phone view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Just checked and see they have my 99 Genesis in the system for $45, not a bad price.
o1marc and rossvtaylor, thank YOU - I've definitely learned a thing or two from your posts

I found this company because my wife and I spent years with a lame, floppy sun shade in our '05 Prius, which has a enormous windshield for such a small car. Having the custom fit makes a huge difference.

I just noticed they even installed little suction cups in the '95 3800 heatshield to help it stay up in the corners and center where it might sag - Heather's Heatshield for the win! Love to spread the word about a good, USA made product - they're getting harder to find!!
Old 09-23-2021, 12:41 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Skoolie Fam!
Follow up - end of summer sale 10% off. Get your skoolie windshield cover now! even though it's almost winter

Coupon Code: EOS21

(Totally non-affiliated, I just love this company and their product)