Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2008, 06:38 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8
Re: Using the steps as a shower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus
Someone I know happened to have this book, 'Rolling Homes' by Jane Lidz. It was pretty interesting, most of it was about 'house trucks' (mobile homes built by hand on the back bed of large straight trucks.) There was also an old milk delivery van (smaller than my short bus) that a couple make into one heck of a neat camper, it was very interesting and I wish I would have scanned the page before I gave the book back.

Well anyway, one of the things I seen in the book was how someone had the clever idea of turning the stairs into a shower area. They had a shower curtain going around it and everything. I just thought I'd pass this on to you guys, it's a great example of how to make use of the limited space in a bus. I'm planning on doing it when my bus is done, I'm going to get a solar shower and put a small shelf above the door to set it on.
Ahhh, the holy grail of skoolie conversions. This is the book that kept me dreaming, for the last 30 years. I liked it so much, I bought a copy a long time ago.

If you're looking for a copy, of this book, you can get it on CD only at: http://www.rv-busconversions.com/catalogPhoto.html It's $19.95 plus shipping.

BTW, the only thing I've done with this site is ordered some books from them (no vested interest).

Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:54 AM   #2
Bus Nut

I bought one of those solar showers last fall when Menards (like Lowes or home Depo) had clearance on all their camping gear. I have a large rack on the back of my bus most of the time, I thought it'd be perfect to put the solar shower on the roof of the bus and take a shower on the back deck. I don't have a curtain set up figured out yet, but I figure I could shower with my swim shorts on. I can't wait to try it out this summer.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:39 PM   #3
Skoolie

Having literally spent weeks out camping at a stretch, going on long canoe trips, and the like, i remember thinking those solar showers were a joke when they came out. Well they're not. They're great! Put em' to good use.
reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote