Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2016, 12:26 PM   #1
Skoolie

Van Conversions Insurence

Since we sold Shorty, maybe this Van can be named Shorter. Or Mr.Bus?

Anyway the insurence company that insured Shorty bus since Feb.2006 said they don't do van conversions.

Van is more sensible for us old people that don't travel alot anyway.

Son said he could help us put solar on van and that sounded good. But now don't know how much or where to get insurence on conversion van.

Any suggestions?

International is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:29 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: t444e
If you are converting why say anything, its a van plain and simple.
ChiliChzPoopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:43 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
whats the difference between a camper van and one of the coach-built luxury vans they sell all over.. not campers but the ones with fancy seats and such...

id just tell them its an econoline 350 van.. i think thats how some of the skoolies on here are getting their collins / starcraft style cutaways insured..
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:31 PM   #4
Skoolie

Thanks Chili and Cadilac,

I tell you what this is ridiculous. Between the solar monoply and the insurence gestapos I'm really peeved off.

That thumbs up charactor really likes me. Its probably my laptop malfunchening, or me..

I was going to put up solar for power when storms hit, then after hearing florida is voting [Nov. 2016 Ammendment 1] to stop home owners from using solar unless they fork over 30.000 to 60;000 bucks I said well we will put it on the bus. Now no bus so thought van, well insurence agents just basically threatened me about that idea.

At least the brown boot was nice and probably not aware who she was working for.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:18 PM   #5
Bus Geek

say what? the government is going to stop people from ging to someone like SolarCity who does an OpeX based model as opposed to having to buy your solar all at once? why??? who gets all the money? the government?

as for insurance makes me glad im maintaining an address in ohio where I'll keep my bus and cars registered to as opposed to changing them to my florida address..

-Christopher
Old 09-19-2016, 05:31 PM   #6
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
say what? the government is going to stop people from ging to someone like SolarCity who does an OpeX based model as opposed to having to buy your solar all at once? why??? who gets all the money? the government?

as for insurance makes me glad im maintaining an address in ohio where I'll keep my bus and cars registered to as opposed to changing them to my florida address..

-Christopher

No they will stop homeowners from buying and installing their own solar. This way only companys can put it up at a huge cost. All these years homeowners could put up their own solar as large or small as they wanted.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:06 PM   #7
Bus Geek

interesting... business lobby at its worst I guess... at the house in ohio.. the HOA wouldnt let anyone have solar at all... they stated it would "ruin the look".. even though people can leave their christmas lights up year round and have unregistered cars in their driveways....
Old 09-20-2016, 12:06 PM   #8
Skoolie

To tell yall the truth, I don't feel lucky, they would probably make an example out of us. .

I'll figure out something now that I've blabbed to a dozen insurence companys I may be on a watch list. .

And everytiem you speak to these people your on recording [ this call will be recorded to whatever] aka we can and will use everythign you serfs say against your butt. .

Of well life is a highway sometimes good sometimes not so good.

https://youtu.be/l482T0yNkeo
or it can be ,

https://youtu.be/v3xSv-E1QsU
Old 09-20-2016, 01:17 PM   #9
Skoolie

We never plan to live in Mr.Buss,aka the van, but 1000s of people do live full time in them. A few single women do who live in them full time.

Just wanted my own space whne we visit family or travel.

Here is a man who lives in his

https://youtu.be/0GRgoISeTR4
Old 09-21-2016, 11:06 AM   #10
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
interesting... business lobby at its worst I guess... at the house in ohio.. the HOA wouldnt let anyone have solar at all... they stated it would "ruin the look".. even though people can leave their christmas lights up year round and have unregistered cars in their driveways....
As Handy Bob says, if your already hooked to the grid adding solar is just for bragging.
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote