Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: bluebird
We have Returned from Mexico and she's still in tact!

Well, we spent three months down in Mexico and put about 6,000 miles on her. Things broke along the way but in Mexico, anything is fixable. We even had some guys build us a new battery box for $130 - they installed it as well. We inquired about getting it painted and some body work done and that would have cost us about $1500 but weren't interested. We also got a flat tire and pulled right over to a little lean too where a guy pulled out a perfect tire and changed it for us for about $140. The roads were brutal on every single magnetic drawer or cabinet we had. by the end, my worse nightmare of bungee cords holding everthing shut had evolved. Mexicans were curious about the bus but they're used to seeing giant RV's flaunting around. We also had a guy from the circus offer to buy it - ah, no thanks dude. the only major problems were that we were initially turned down at the border but an American agent just told us to go farther down the road. Plus, she's big, 40 feet and that was a problem in the small hill towns around Mexico City. Anyway, I encourage anyone wanting to get some work done on their bus for cheap to head across the border. Turn your CNN off because most of that stuff is bullshit about Mexico. The fighting isn't with tourists and it is VERY far from where tourists venture. Now we're in Eastern Canada for the summer and possibly back to Mexico next summer. Thanks for all the support and I'm sure we'll have questions very soon!

Old 04-10-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: We have Returned from Mexico and she's still in tact!

sounds like it was a fun trip. had a friend down to prota varella (spelling is way off lol) and she lived there for almost a year. said she would still be there if it wasnt for the funds lol!

any road trip pictures?
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Bluebird tc2000
Chassis: 3401-3502 ???
Engine: cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72

i followed ur blog and have got a ton of good ideas from ur build im glad to hear all went well
cheezypsnookle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas

Off to Austin last I heard eh? Enjoying the blog, thanks for posting! From you guys I learned--Don't take busses down little, tight streets.
Seeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/AT545

I'm in Austin by the way - great place. I sent you a PM.
viewtopic.php?t=4959
Diesel Dan is offline   Reply With Quote