Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Tc2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummings turbo diesel
What tools do you recommend?

While working on my skoolie, I have found a few tools I would highly recommend. And I wanted to hear what everyone else would have to say.

First let me say I am a BIG tool guy! My two car garage is my shop and loaded from floor to ceiling and wall to wall with wood working, metal working, and everything in between, and the skoolie has been a great reason to get more tools. I am only in the gutting phase but have already found a few I would recommend for any new skoolie project.

First is the Air Rivet gun. This has been a life saver while skinning my windows. I bought a cheap one for less than $100 bucks, we will see how it holds up, and I will keep you updated.

Second is an air hammer with a chisel blade. I pulled out the sheet metal on the inside by first drilling the rivets. After taking 8+ hours to pull 2 of 6 sheets out I tried my air hammer to cut the rivets out and finished the remaining 4 sheets in less than an hour! So this was a great time saver.

Again Let me know what everyone else would recommend for must have tools in a skoolie project.
Attached Images

Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, to liberty, to abundance, to selfishness, to complacency, to apathy, to dependence, and back again to bondage.
kc_4_jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 3800 International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
Re: What tools do you recommend?

I picked up one of those multi-tools, the kid that has a vibrating cutting head, and scrapers, also sanding as well, that thing is super cool!! I used it for peeling off caulking to trimming wood . this works, I got one from king canada tools, I also picked up one of those twinsaws, (2 circularsaw blades) cuts metal sheets like butter. also a airpowered caulking gun comes in handy aswell

love my tools
gbstewart