Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2021, 07:19 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 1990
Chassis: Crown Supercoach
Engine: Detroit 6-71TA, 10 sp.
Rated Cap: 90 (40')
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Gnome View Post
It's worse at idle. (the resonation frequency)

I'm still driving, just slowly. (or even more slowly than before) Slow to accelerate, top speed is down to about 40-45 these days, from 55 last month, and 75 when all was good. But still movin'!

your joke is all in good fun! no worries!
I'm glad to hear you're still mobile and can find some humor in the situation. Or... at least are ok if other's do We're sending good energy and vibes and whatever else for your transmission swap and your door jiggling problem. You gotta get back into those mountains soon!

Tejon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 02:55 PM   #22
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejon7 View Post
I'm glad to hear you're still mobile and can find some humor in the situation. Or... at least are ok if other's do We're sending good energy and vibes and whatever else for your transmission swap and your door jiggling problem. You gotta get back into those mountains soon!
Thanks for the good vibes!
Not too much humor here, but, like most of the sh*t I get myself into, I'll laugh at myself some day. And your joke wasn't mean or anything, so I could appreciate it, and smiled a bit.
I'm getting closer, still trying to figure out all of what I need for sure before I shut her down for the repair/tranny-swap. Soon would be nice, but time has this way of flowing, even when you are not.

The vibrating door may have led me to finally figure out how to lock it from the inside, but I need time and space (and maybe lots and lots of electricity) for a bit fabrication.

I also noticed when looking at it again, that I think I could remove the panel (part of the door frame) that blocks the first passenger window behind the door. I couldn't remove it, and it leaked like mad. Had to seal it with ugly caulk on the outside.

So, good luck? Bad luck? Is there "luck"?

bad tranny = better tranny and fuel mileage

vibration = idea for lock, and window leak fix

Hey, I'm almost smiling! Almost. Get me back in the mountains, and maybe I will.

My body is really beginning to complain that I don't walk up and down hills anymore. Biking though town is a bit of a savior, though.