Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2004, 12:16 PM   #1

Where do I get the work done??

Howdy, Im new here, so this might be a dopey question. My girlfriend and I are converting a skoolie. We both are appartment dwellers, with the plan of going full time in this thing. Maybe some of you have faced the same problem. Where can I park this thing so that we can do the work on it. This will not be the last time you here from us, Trust me.

greg

G&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:44 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
For the first couple months I had my bus, I didn't have anywhere to keep and I wanted it close to work on so I parked it on the street and moved it twice a day as required on that street.

You can ask a farmer to see if you could pay them a bit to keep it next to a shed, or you could pay a salvage or impound yard to store it. There are a lot of people that own RVs and obviously there is someplace in your area that they are keeping them, this might be the best bet if you are going to need to use power tools.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:58 PM   #3

thanks Steve.

I have a guy that is going to do all the metal work for me, we will be removing some windows and replacing them with sheet metal, so that part wont be a prob. I will remove the seats there as well, as he wants the metal from the seat frames. I might be able to park it there for the interior framing, but I dont want to wear out the welcome, since he is a good friend. Your ideas will come in handy.n I do live in a rural area so the farmer Idea not might be to bad.

thanks again, greg
G&L is offline   Reply With Quote