RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 08-16-2020, 02:53 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
where is cheese wagon

last i read he was helping someone with driving a bus home to them and it was having issues but that was quite awhile ago.
what happened?
anyone else heard anymore?
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 04:02 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Winnebago
Chassis: Ford F53
Engine: Ford Triton V-10
Rated Cap: currently 2
I think he was also having health problems but an update would be nice.
Sehnsucht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 04:20 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I too have been wondering where he is. Hope he's safe and healthy.
Old 08-16-2020, 04:32 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Someone said he had completed the bus transport, but even that was a while back and I don't remember who said it.
Old 08-16-2020, 04:34 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

CHEESEWAGON you went to help someone and had problems with there purchase on the way?
where are you and what can i do to help?
Old 08-17-2020, 06:43 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Buckle up, this is going to be a hurricane of a ride...

First and foremost, I am well and safely home, as I have been for several weeks. I appreciate the concern of all who have asked.

In a nutshell, it appears that the bus in question had a major engine component nearing the end of its normal service life. Technician indicated a camshaft failure, specifically a worn camshaft lobe, exacerbated by a roller lifter seizing its bearing. Typical of a 9,000-hour runtime with a Cummins 8.3L.

At that point, the following was taken into consideration...

Towing was necessary, repairs would be in the $3000-$6000 range and take a week minimum to complete.

The bus and I were 500 miles from end destination, and 400 miles from my home, in opposite directions.

Since my own transportation was in tow, heading home made more sense than lodging in the interim. The new owners eventually further decided to handle the last 500 miles themselves to save money, a wise decision with an unexpected major repair - $6000 if memory serves.

As to my absence, well, that's a bit more involved,for which there are several reasons.

First, I have had major computer problems (practically a full rebuild), and this site does not load properly on most of the Android devices I have. Certain features are inaccessible, and more often than not I have had trouble even accessing messages. Honestly tired of fighting with a website that works differently at one time than another.

Secondly, but more importantly, there is something I have to get off my chest. I recently made a well-intentioned post on another's thread to which a third member not only responded with presumptions of my race, but fabricated perceptions of a purported improved position in life as a result. This was not the first time I have been responded to with negativity here, but I decided it would be the last.

To lay things out cold, remarks were made about "white privilege" that appear to have been very much directed towards me. To that person and like-minded others, I respond with this...

Yes, I happen to be white, in appearance. I also have a very diverse family tree that this person could not pretend to comprehend.

In addition, I myself have been subject to racism, as a taxi driver picking up all manner of people in all manner of places. I've been called "whitey", "cracker", "honky" and the like. So I shake my head when racial BS gets stirred up, it is a six-lane highway, not a one-way street.

My "white privilege" is that I put up with all sorts of people who think they are better than me and whine about paying for a service that makes me a veritable indentured servant, for $4.85 an hour after expenses, some of which actually hurl racial slurs at me. My "privilege" further extends to a slow, deliberate respiratory disease that cannot be stopped, severely impacts my quality of life and generally makes it not worth living. It has also forced me to give up a good career driving semis to arrive at the former, and to furlough myself in the current pandemic, as it puts me at high risk.

Calling someone out on "white privilege" is no less racist than presuming one to be more or less worthy on a basis of race. I don't believe in this BS, nor will I tolerate it being spewed towards me.

My personal belief is that one should remove the plank from their own eye before judging the splinter in the eye of their neighbor. Because if there's one thing I can't stand, it's a hypocrite. You, sir, can take your insinuations and cram them where the sun doesn't shine. The "privilege" you have claimed I try to hold on to, you can HAVE it. I do not expect anyone to apologize for their race or background, nor will I tolerate it being implied that I should apologize for mine.

I ask anyone reading this post... Have I ever, in my history of membership on this site...

Made mention of my race?

Made mention of anyone's race?

Made mention of anyone, including myself, being any different than anyone else?

No, I have not. Ask anybody here.

As to the future of my involvement with this site, at this time, if I am messaged privately, I read and respond. If in the course of that I see a post to which I would like to share insight, I will privately message the appropriate party. No more, no less, of which I have informed a few who messaged me in recent weeks.

Indeed, I only became aware of this thread through another member who brought it to my attention. Perhaps this post will veritably seal my fate and get me banned, but I am only speaking the truth. If that gets me banned, so be it. But it will speak volumes of integrity and what is reality here.

"CHEESE WAGON" <anomaly.va@gmail.com>
Suggested reading: (4 threads)
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 07:11 PM   #7
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International RE
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE_WAGON View Post
Perhaps this post will veritably seal my fate and get me banned, but I am only speaking the truth. If that gets me banned, so be it. But it will speak volumes of integrity and what is reality here.
I one hundred percent agree with you on all that was said. Anyone who would see you banned for this response can go right ahead and ban me as well.
kazetsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 07:48 PM   #8
Bus Crazy

glad you are home safe and the new owners have there purchase.
sorry about all of the other drama and i hope that it doesnt reflect on this sight as what you described.
sorry that it has happened to you and i would feel the same way if it happened to me and i thank you for being generous in your response to let us know why you havent been responding.
i work with a very diverse workforce and non of that will be tolerated with me.
i am kind of just getting back also.
was fine during the tropical storm but the next day a huge lightning storm fried alot of stuff including three surge protectors routers and so on.
sorry for your troubles.
i am a middle of no where TEXAS boy born and raised and had alot different attitude when i joined the CORPS but that diversity changed me for the better.
wish you the best of luck with your health and whoever is giving you a hard time i am probably a better candidate to blame because i grew up with some of that? i dont agree or push it forward now because of what i have been through but if your mysterious person wants to contact me then i will be more than happy to have a discussion wiith them.
sorry i got aggravated.
you dont and didnt deserve that and i hate for you to leave the site because of it.
AND I HOPE WHOEVER THAT ASSHAT is reads this !!!!
YOU can call me whatever you want?
will probably have a response when i get time for your BS.
jolly roger actual name is mitchel.
i live in swansboro nc
my personal phone number is 910 330 2955.
i aint a computer warrior like you probably are and i work for a living so if you do respond on the computer then i will get to you when i can and if you call by phone then i will address your conversation when i have time.
i wont ignore are forget about you.
i would love to have a discussion.
sorry about some one elses opinion.
but i think you have been a valuable resource to this sight.
dont let one person or opinion drive you away. send them my direction if they want to discuss anything more than a SKOOLIE.
hope you have a good week CHEESEWAGON
Old 08-18-2020, 03:06 AM   #9
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
It is simply amazing what some people will say and do in anonomity. Sickening at times (like what you experienced), wonderful at other times (like when you hooked up through the site to make that recent delivery).

Do keep in touch Cheese_Wagon ... we all need and appreciate your insights.

As for Android and this site ... I use this site exclusively on an Android tablet, so maybe it is the particular Android you have.
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 07:18 AM   #10
Site Team

Year: 1998
Coachwork: MCI
Chassis: 102 EL3
Engine: DD 60
Quote:
To lay things out cold, remarks were made about "white privilege" that appear to have been very much directed towards me.
Please report posts where this sort of thing occurs. If not reported, the odds of them being seen and handled by the moderators is very slim.
JDOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:42 AM   #11
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDOnTheGo View Post
Please report posts where this sort of thing occurs. If not reported, the odds of them being seen and handled by the moderators is very slim.
Oh, it was obviously brought to someone's attention, as admin locked the thread, unfortunately before I could respond directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
It is simply amazing what some people will say and do in anonomity. Sickening at times (like what you experienced), wonderful at other times (like when you hooked up through the site to make that recent delivery).

Do keep in touch Cheese_Wagon ... we all need and appreciate your insights.
I appreciate the kind words...

Quote:
As for Android and this site ... I use this site exclusively on an Android tablet, so maybe it is the particular Android you have.
Whatever the case may be, "View Full Site" does not work, and messages other than Inbox are not viewable.
Old 08-19-2020, 04:25 AM   #12
Bus Geek

Quote:
Whatever the case may be, "View Full Site" does not work, and messages other than Inbox are not viewable.

My suggestion is to send a PM to "Janet H". She seems to be a helpful admin for the mostpart. I know my non-inbox messages can be reached by selecting the appropiate folder in the messages window (there is a drop-down arrow next to "inbox"). I have viewed messages in my "sent" box for example. I have no idea about "View Full Site" ... is that like the "Request Desktop Site" which is in the controls for my browser? [I use that on many sites that do not play well with my Android and browser combination.]
Old 08-19-2020, 05:18 AM   #13
Bus Crazy

Quote:
My suggestion is to send a PM to "Janet H". She seems to be a helpful admin for the mostpart. I know my non-inbox messages can be reached by selecting the appropiate folder in the messages window (there is a drop-down arrow next to "inbox"). I have viewed messages in my "sent" box for example.
Janet was the one who locked the thread when it was brought to her attention AFAIK, she made a post about steering clear of politics, etc. in inappropriate forums before locking it.

This what I am talking about on Android...
Screenshot_20200819-051019_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20200819-051226_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20200819-051919_Firefox.jpg
Old 08-19-2020, 10:57 AM   #14
Skoolie

Year: 2004
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner
Engine: CAT 3126E210
Rated Cap: 33,050 pounds
I personally hope you stay.

Even with the site not working well with a browser on android, you might find that using tapatalk to access the forum works better. Many people swear by it. I have no personal experience with it, but my understanding is that it bypasses all the HTML mess that is causing fits with your browser, and displays the information within its own interface.

Good luck, and hope to see more from you.

Jim
Old 08-19-2020, 05:59 PM   #15
Bus Geek

It looks like you are using a phone. My tablet produces an *almost* laptop display, with differences that are hard to tell unless you hit the right website. It has a configuration menu that lets me request the full desktop site in those cases. For example, your screen shows the "ful screen" link on the header at the top left. It does not show up in my browser. Your display shows buttons for the edit profile and such whereas they are all just links in a left-side banner on my screen. Definitely different animals.

I would second bp1792-unleashed's suggestion of trying tapatalk. I've not used it either but have read many folks on this site say they like it. I have not read any bad reports (yet).
Old 08-19-2020, 07:52 PM   #16
Bus Crazy

i loved my iphone and now my android loong story short i am still trying to figure out but i was never a computer man until the last few years and have to ask/call my children for help all the time for computer phone stuff.
when it comes to all of that i am learning but most of the time lost.
i will ask my son about your situation cheesewagon ?
i have no clue?
but he has android phone so can probably help.
they are grown and gone but still close so maybe i can get him over here tomorow night.
have a good afternoon
Old 08-22-2020, 07:21 PM   #17
Skoolie

Year: 2006
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 30
Sucks you’ve had to go through all of that. At no point should anyone’s race or gender be a part of discussions on here. I joined this site for knowledge and experience shared by fellow bus owners. I generally avoid threads that are full of politics.

I don’t know you but I hope you stay. I value reading posts full of information from people like you.
witchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 08:37 PM   #18
Skoolie

Chassis: Amtrans
Engine: 444E
Rated Cap: 84 pas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger bus 223 View Post
sorry about all of the other drama and i hope that it doesnt reflect on this sight as what you described.
sorry that it has happened to you and i would feel the same way if it happened to me and i thank you for being generous in your response to let us know why you havent been responding.
was fine during the tropical storm but the next day a huge lightning storm fried alot of stuff including three surge protectors routers and so on.
sorry for your troubles.
i am a middle of no where TEXAS boy born and raised and had alot different attitude when i joined the CORPS but that diversity changed me for the better.
wish you the best of luck with your health and whoever is giving you a hard time i am probably a better candidate to blame because i grew up with some of that? i dont agree or push it forward now because of what i have been through but if your mysterious person wants to contact me then i will be more than happy to have a discussion wiith them.
sorry i got aggravated.
you dont and didnt deserve that and i hate for you to leave the site because of it.
i live in swansboro nc
i aint a computer warrior like you probably are and i work for a living so if you do respond on the computer then i will get to you when i can and if you call by phone then i will address your conversation when i have time.
dont let one person or opinion drive you away. send them my direction if they want to discuss anything more than a SKOOLIE.
Amen. People can take their hate, whatever direction they wish to express it and travel to another dimension as far as I am concerned. Glad you made it home ok. Sent
Rock-N-Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 08:59 PM   #19
Skoolie

Chassis: Amtrans
Engine: 444E
Rated Cap: 84 pas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger bus 223 View Post
sorry for your troubles.
sorry i got aggravated.
i live in swansboro nc
Amen. People can take their hate, whatever direction they wish to express it and travel to another dimension as far as I am concerned. Glad you made it home ok.
Rock-N-Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:44 AM   #20
Mini-Skoolie

Hi Cheesewagon!

Hi Cheesewagon, I have been lurking and learning from this site. I am not happy to hear of your health issues and the personal smears you have endured. I have enjoyed and learned so much from you. I am discovering and learning my next adventures. I pray that you will continue to share your knowledge.

Thank you for your time and patience,
Sandy
nailtechie is offline   Reply With Quote