Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2020, 02:54 PM   #41
Mini-Skoolie

Really? $1500???

Teach me.

JacobFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:56 AM   #42
Almost There

Year: 2004
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE200
Has anyone had experience with Alamo Bus dealer near San Antonio?
Old 10-03-2020, 11:57 AM   #43
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: 6-71TA
Rated Cap: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
I don't know if or where in Colorado they "salt" the roads when it snows. I am guessing that they don't as we don't see much rust on buses coming out of there. That is how it is where I live. They sand when it snows. No chemicals.

Tell me about rust in Kansas? I may be moving there at some point. I have been to the Wichita area three times in the last year and the weather has been very mild. I was there a couple of weeks ago and it was mostly t-shirt weather. It was the same November of 2018.

I wouldn't have thought that Kansas would be a problem area for rust....

A comment on the post stating that transportation contractors run their buses into the ground before retiring them. I have purchased from First Students and would not hesitate to buy another. I spent some time hanging out in their Seattle facility looking over buses, talking to drivers and the service guys. Nice folks.
Here in the KC Metro area, they salt the crap out of roads when they anticipate frozen precipitation. When I was searching for our Bus in 2018, there was nothing but rust buckets (unless you were willing to pay a premium). I looked out West and found our Crown
GWRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 08:33 PM   #44
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Integrated Coach Corp.
Chassis: RE-300 42ft
Engine: 466ci
Rated Cap: 90
Tampa Machinery Auction of Florida usually has good pics, detailed descriptions, and video/sound of the engines start & run. I also went to several other auctions within driving distance to inspect each before being outbid. (I saw non-running 40 footers close as low as $600) Eventually bought 'Freedy D' when there were about 20 available, but only a handful of interested bidders. Thanks, Covid! ��
DeMac is offline   Reply With Quote