Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2013, 04:33 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: DTA360 Spicer 6+1 Manual
Rated Cap: 65
Where to put some stuff

Do most hookups come out the driver side of RV's??

I am thinking that I will put my fresh water tank under the bed in the rear. I just had a thought today that maybe I could hide the electrical panel under there too as well as the batteries and converted/charger.

What do you think?

I was thinking the having the water connection in the rear driver as well as the electrical connecting in the same area.

Thanks
Tony

rex_1_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Tc2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummings turbo diesel
Re: Where to put some stuff

I had a hard time deciding as well. So I just put hook ups for everything on both sides of my bus, and it has rocked. No matter where I go I can get connected. My connections include water(in and out) electric (both shore power and outlets), cable(TV), and tank drains. It was a little more work and money but worth it.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, to liberty, to abundance, to selfishness, to complacency, to apathy, to dependence, and back again to bondage.
kc_4_jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International S1800
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 77

Dump fittings and electrical are usually on the driver's side of the bus. I have my freshwater stuff on the passenger side b/c of mounting convenience, but that's also the easiest and cheapest thing to get extension hoses for and realy make them stretch if the water isn't on that side.
thrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_1_mn

I am thinking that I will put my fresh water tank under the bed in the rear. I just had a thought today that maybe I could hide the electrical panel under there too as well as the batteries and converted/charger.

What do you think?

I was thinking the having the water connection in the rear driver as well as the electrical connecting in the same area.

Thanks
Tony
We have tent camped and RVed since 1979. In 99% of the campgrounds we have stayed in the utilities were on the drivers side. The three that were not.. One in Nashville had the utilties on the drivers side but waay out at the front of the site. And it was a long pull thru site. Luckily we always carried an extra hose that we normally hooked up to a "Y" on the hose bibb as well as an extension cord. TN COE had the electric on the drivers side... 50 ft away and the shared water pipe stand was 100 ft away. Last one was a "back in site", the electric and pipe stand were on the passenger side and the sewer was on the driver's side... so we pulled in rather than backing in and threaded the sewer pipe under the RV.

And I don't think you should put your batteries & electric under the bed with the water. Water & electric do not mix well. Besides you need AGM batteries if you put them inside. Many folks (me included) believe that AGM's can vent off gases too. You NEVER combine electric panels and electronics in the same compartment as the batteries.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #5

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornaschinske
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_1_mn

What do you think?

Thanks
Tony

And I don't think you should put your batteries & electric under the bed with the water. Water & electric do not mix well. Besides you need AGM batteries if you put them inside. Many folks (me included) believe that AGM's can vent off gases too. You NEVER combine electric panels and electronics in the same compartment as the batteries.

This.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote