Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-07-2020, 02:36 PM   #201
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 10,306
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACamper View Post
I was reading a story about a woman who threw a bucket of poop at another woman, she got arrested. The attacker is trying to debate that it was only compost. It reminded me of some of you guys.


Florida woman is arrested for throwing a bucket of human feces in her landlord's face
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ords-face.html
The arrest was for assault, having nothing to do with what was in the bucket.

__________________
I Thank God That He Gifted Me with Common Sense
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:23 PM   #202
Bus Crazy
 
kazetsukai's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Flemingsburg, KY
Posts: 1,435
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International RE
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 76
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
It is perfectly legal to dump your bagged poo in a dumpster. That is how I will handle it and not be concerned about how long it takes to compost.
It would help to have some data back up you claim of "I'm fairly certain these are facts" . I didn't post any facts about it's illegality, because it isn't. Anyone with printed regs showing otherwise, please post the source.

THANK YOU. That answers the core question at play.



If this answer is to be challenged, sources needed. Negatives can't be proven, positives can.
kazetsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:46 AM   #203
Bus Crazy
 
TheHubbardBus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 1,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
im not a dog person.. but I would never think of shooting one because it left excrement in my yard or a friend's dog would Poo in my house.. really?

shot your wife's cat because it Poo'd on the floor?? that is a real piece of work..

if my roomate's cat Poos on my carpet i may curse a little and then I use this invention called the "quicker picker upper".
I had a cat that used to poop in your shoes when she got mad at you (cats can be vindictive). Shots fired: 0

Our 'old man' - a 100+ lb black lab that will be 15 in March (105 to you & me) - routinely craps in his sleep. We deal with him with a mop & detergent, not a rifle.

Our present cat, which we found at 2 weeks age & bottle fed for weeks, will pee/poo in unwelcome places if you don't keep his litter-box really clean. Solution: Keep his litter-box really clean.

No pets with tapeworms yet (it's amazing how parasitic infections can often be prevented with proper feeding & care), but if we did, I figure our response would be a trip to the vet and/or feed store for medication, instead of going all OCD about a worm fragment on our shoe.

Shooting a cat + your wife's cat + bragging about it =


__________________

TheHubbardBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:55 PM   #204
Bus Nut
 
ACamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Colorado
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
The arrest was for assault, having nothing to do with what was in the bucket.

Assault and Battery charges can get someone anywhere from misdemeanor fines jail to prison terms. Not everyone finds tossing around feces as harmless as you.

I am sure if you asked most normal people if they would rather have a bucket of styrofoam peanuts or human feces tossed in their face ? They would say Styrofoam Peanuts !
ACamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 04:03 PM   #205
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 10,306
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACamper View Post
Assault and Battery charges can get someone anywhere from misdemeanor fines jail to prison terms. Not everyone finds tossing around feces as harmless as you.

I am sure if you asked most normal people if they would rather have a bucket of styrofoam peanuts or human feces tossed in their face ? They would say Styrofoam Peanuts !
Point was the charge would be the same as if you throw a bucket of styrofaom peanuts in my face. Where did you see me say that was harmless? **** only made the story more sensationalized. I think if you asked most people they wouldn't want a bucket of peanuts thrown in their face either.
__________________
I Thank God That He Gifted Me with Common Sense
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:52 PM   #206
Site Team
 
JDOnTheGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The West
Posts: 1,210
Year: 1998
Coachwork: MCI
Chassis: 102 EL3
Engine: DD 60
Well... I really hate to revive this thread but here we go... I made a statement about the legality of dumping human fecal matter and it was challenged. So, I went off and attempted some research.

To be clear, I'm NOT talking about baby diapers, animal poo, or composted poo. (not because those things don't matter but because they were not the things being discussed)

Further research revealed that my my statement "I think a wee bit of research will reveal that feces is a bio-hazard. A little more research will reveal that bio-hazards may not be dumped in the garbage/trash." was out of line. I apologize for that. It is definitely not that simple.

I asked three states about the question (AZ, NV, MT) - because these are where I spend a lot of my time. AZ didn't even respond. NV passed the buck (contact someone else). MT was very helpful. The MT state toxicologist states:

Quote:
ARM 37.112.115 (Sewage System and Solid Waste) states “Solid waste must be collected, stored, and disposed of in a manner that does not create a sanitary nuisance and meets the requirements of ARM 37.112.137 for disposal of infectious waste. Solid waste must be removed from the premises at least weekly to a licensed solid waste disposal facility.”

If people are disposing of solid human waste (feces) in public trash/garbage containers, I would call that a sanitary nuisance.

It also states “All sewage, including liquid waste, must be disposed of by a public sewage system approved by the Montana Department of Environmental Quality or by a sewage treatment and disposal system constructed and operated in accordance to applicable state and local laws.”

I am betting that this method of disposing of human waste is not approved by the DEQ, and I have found no state or local laws regarding use of composting toilets.
__________________
JD - Full timer out west
Missy - 1998 MCI 102-EL3 - 1.7kW Solar - 10kWh Lithium
My Adventures & Build
JDOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:57 PM   #207
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 10,306
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDOnTheGo View Post
Well... I really hate to revive this thread but here we go... I made a statement about the legality of dumping human fecal matter and it was challenged. So, I went off and attempted some research.

To be clear, I'm NOT talking about baby diapers, animal poo, or composted poo. (not because those things don't matter but because they were not the things being discussed)

Further research revealed that my my statement "I think a wee bit of research will reveal that feces is a bio-hazard. A little more research will reveal that bio-hazards may not be dumped in the garbage/trash." was out of line. I apologize for that. It is definitely not that simple.

I asked three states about the question (AZ, NV, MT) - because these are where I spend a lot of my time. AZ didn't even respond. NV passed the buck (contact someone else). MT was very helpful. The MT state toxicologist states:
Who defines "sanitary nuisance"?
__________________
I Thank God That He Gifted Me with Common Sense
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:54 PM   #208
Bus Nut
 
Phatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Brazoria County, Texas
Posts: 801
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Who defines "sanitary nuisance"?
I guess in Montana that would be the State Toxicologist.
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:22 AM   #209
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 6,398
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
When I checked here in Washington they told me that I could dump it as long as it was packaged in a way that would prevent sanitation workers from coming in contact with fecal matter.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:26 AM   #210
Bus Crazy
 
joeblack5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: pa
Posts: 2,213
Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford 1998 e350 4x4 7.3 2 mercedes 2004
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
Maybe get some stickers with **** printed on them and put them on a bag of **** for identification ?
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:44 AM   #211
Bus Geek
 
brokedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 3,028
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
I think the key here is to not buy the thinnest garbage bags you can find.
__________________
Keep up with us and our build!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter
brokedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:02 AM   #212
Bus Crazy
 
Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,035
Year: 1971
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International Loadstar 1700
Engine: 345 international V-8
I emptied my black tank on the way to Florida, and after 14 days measured how high it had filled. The tank is 16" deep and holds 50 gallons. By sticking a tape measure down the toilet it had filled 6". This is with two people using it, full time, and not using any other bathrooms. So one month of full time use is reasonable with some reserve.
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.