Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2020, 02:14 PM   #161
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1949 View Post
That's too bad. All I smell is some people trying to force their opinions on others. It's very true that not everyone does that, but there are always a few.
What did he come on your property and threaten to shoot your dogs or something unless you submit to his views?

Mountain Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 03:57 PM   #162
Skoolie

Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444EIEIO
Rated Cap: 8 window?
Well there's this side of it...

Have been using my fancy 'composting toilet" for nearly a year. I'm not using it full-time, just intermittently as the build continues.

Will say it FORCES me to be more thoughtful of the entire process of poop/pooping/poop disposal. This is both good and …. very real. I presume eliminating the sludge from a black water tank FORCES a person to recon with ones poop in a similar fashion.

Bagging my waste is a careful and thoughtful process. Both the dogs and mine go into the dumpster.

The pee is far more disgusting -really. It goes down the household toilet.

Would I change to a flush toilet? doubt it. I am glad the toilet has a vent fan running 24-7.
mrpincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 05:21 PM   #163
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue-Bird
Chassis: TC RE 3408
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12V Mechanical/Allison MT643
Rated Cap: Blue-Bird says 72 pass.
@Mountain Gnome, he didn't do any of those things you list, but those things are not my only definition of force. Many aspects of force are way more subtle.
gs1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:36 PM   #164
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Gnome View Post
Quote:
Spoken like a true cat lover. I don't care much for cats and occasionally use them for target practice, but I don't try to force my opinion on others.
Trying to figure this statement out, but all I smell is a piece of ****
Had to go walkin' at the park before sunset...so sorry to dig this **** back up again...

My apologies for my initial post. I should have said:

As a psychology student, we learned that one of the primary indicators that someone is a sociopath is that they like to kill animals. For fun. For target practice. And they like to brag about it. Hunters who enjoy the sport of hunting are different from hunters who hunt for sport (but that's another blog).

And we know that a sociopath that likes to kill animals is far more likely to injure, kill, rape, rob, or otherwise hurt another human being.

And we know that sociopaths are driven to dominate and hate being dominated, and hate when someone else has a strong opinion other than their own. We know that their love of domination over others steers them into positions of power, from the boss at fast food joints, to police, to CEOs, to politicians, to bullies at school and on forums, etc., depending on their intelligence and charisma and other factors. Then they use that power to control, and often hurt, others for fun and for self gain. That's not to say everyone in these jobs is a sociopath, but the percentage of people in those positions are higher than the percentage found in the average population (4%-5% depending on who you ask).

It's real easy to hate someone like that, to think they are nothing but a piece of ****.

It's harder to have empathy for someone like that, and try to understand that they truly lack the gift of the ability to embrace true love that the rest of us have. That their depravity is based on the deprivity nature dealt them.

But as for me, I'm a cat person. (and a dog person, and an Elephant person, and a Donkey person, etc, for that matter)

So you're pickin' a fight with me. And I ain't no kitty, boy.

As far as Marc goes, he's no friend of mine, nor an enemy of mine. But I came here to learn, and I want to hear his "strong, forceful" opinions, right or wrong, as well as everyone else's strong or weak opinions, right or wrong. I'm sorry if you are so wEAk that they bother you. But contrasting opinions are what makes this forum great, and what Makes 'Merica Great (it never stopped being great, although some sociopaths on the political stage try to keep it all to themselves, subvert the democratic process, and force feed US their opinions as policy)

AS I write this, we are at the beginning of the brink of WW-III, because of sociopaths in governments all over the world on every side. There is a well-known correspondence of sociopathy to genetic lineage, although the specific gene sequence has not been found (it could be "aurical", but most people think that is a religious statement and don't understand the science behind the "aura," a word I hijack because there is no other term, yet. The science starts with Kirlian photography and goes at least to the work of Valerie V. Hunt's multi-million$$$ investigations with the NIMH in the 1980s and 1990s). It will be interesting to see what happens in the future when scientists are able to identify sociopaths before they are born, and eliminate them from the Human Gene Pool. Then maybe we can all live in peace.

Finally, I saw two little blue bags of Poo at the park on the trails this evening. One next to a bench. One at the trailhead. I got back at the end of sunset as the park closed, and the bag was still there...
F'in sociopaths...

Old 01-05-2020, 06:55 PM   #165
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubla View Post
But think of the water savings

Substantial if compared to a blackwater system, neglible if compared to a composting or bucket/sawdust system.
dzl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:58 PM   #166
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Had to go walkin' at the park before sunset...so sorry to dig this **** back up again...

My apologies for my initial post. I should have said:

As a psychology student, we learned that one of the primary indicators that someone is a sociopath is that they like to kill animals. For fun. For target practice. And they like to brag about it. Hunters who enjoy the sport of hunting are different from hunters who hunt for sport (but that's another blog).

And we know that a sociopath that likes to kill animals is far more likely to injure, kill, rape, rob, or otherwise hurt another human being.

And we know that sociopaths are driven to dominate and hate being dominated, and hate when someone else has a strong opinion other than their own. We know that their love of domination over others steers them into positions of power, from the boss at fast food joints, to police, to CEOs, to politicians, to bullies at school and on forums, etc., depending on their intelligence and charisma and other factors. Then they use that power to control, and often hurt, others for fun and for self gain. That's not to say everyone in these jobs is a sociopath, but the percentage of people in those positions are higher than the percentage found in the average population (4%-5% depending on who you ask).

It's real easy to hate someone like that, to think they are nothing but a piece of ****.

It's harder to have empathy for someone like that, and try to understand that they truly lack the gift of the ability to embrace true love that the rest of us have. That their depravity is based on the deprivity nature dealt them.

But as for me, I'm a cat person. (and a dog person, and an Elephant person, and a Donkey person, etc, for that matter)

So you're pickin' a fight with me. And I ain't no kitty, boy.

As far as Marc goes, he's no friend of mine, nor an enemy of mine. But I came here to learn, and I want to hear his "strong, forceful" opinions, right or wrong, as well as everyone else's strong or weak opinions, right or wrong. I'm sorry if you are so wEAk that they bother you. But contrasting opinions are what makes this forum great, and what Makes 'Merica Great (it never stopped being great, although some sociopaths on the political stage try to keep it all to themselves, subvert the democratic process, and force feed US their opinions as policy)

AS I write this, we are at the beginning of the brink of WW-III, because of sociopaths in governments all over the world on every side. There is a well-known correspondence of sociopathy to genetic lineage, although the specific gene sequence has not been found (it could be "aurical", but most people think that is a religious statement and don't understand the science behind the "aura," a word I hijack because there is no other term, yet. The science starts with Kirlian photography and goes at least to the work of Valerie V. Hunt's multi-million$$$ investigations with the NIMH in the 1980s and 1990s). It will be interesting to see what happens in the future when scientists are able to identify sociopaths before they are born, and eliminate them from the Human Gene Pool. Then maybe we can all live in peace.

Finally, I saw two little blue bags of Poo at the park on the trails this evening. One next to a bench. One at the trailhead. I got back at the end of sunset as the park closed, and the bag was still there...
F'in sociopaths...

Well said
Old 01-05-2020, 07:36 PM   #167
Bus Nut

Wow, this thread took a pretty intense turn. Gotta agree with Mountain Gnome, if you brag about "using cats for target practice" you should get help. Best case scenario it was a bad dark joke, I hope that's the case.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:41 PM   #168
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue-Bird
Chassis: TC RE 3408
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12V Mechanical/Allison MT643
Rated Cap: Blue-Bird says 72 pass.
I should perhaps apologize. I was a psychology student too and wrote several papers on psychopaths in 300 and 400 level courses. Got an A- on every one of them because the psyc dept at my university had a policy of not giving anything above an A- to non-majors and I was doing a minor so that I could use a few upper level psyc courses as ancilliary credits on my cultural anthropology degree.

This was done as a mature student and single parent while I was in my 50s, and was done before I switched to history for my post-graduate studies, during which time I was employed teaching undergraduate history majors how to write proper term papers.

So I struggle with this forum about slipping back into formal academic language, and sometimes I go too far in trying to make my language more informal. So when I said I used cats for target practice that was not completely accurate it. It was much more of a firing squad situation.

And this was not just anybody's cat this was my wife's cat. But it wasn't like she was surprised. I made it perfectly clear when we got the cat that the second time it [deposited excrement in the house] I would shoot it. So I did.

I had another experience that has made it very difficult for me to see cats as housepets. One cold British Columbia winter evening some years ago I encountered a cat that was hanging around the door of a small convenience store. It was well below freezing and the cat was acting cold. I didn't pay too much attention to the cat as I went in, but as I came out it began screeching and rubbing against my legs. It was then I noticed the 16 to 18 inch long tapeworm that was hanging out of the cat, dragging along behind as the cat rubbed up against me.

I had my kids in the car and I had to get back in the car with them after that parasite infested cat had rubbed against me and drug that tapeworm over my shoes. Fortunately, we were in a cat free period at home since the last cat had disappeared, something I had nothing to do with. That cat did not [deposit excrement] in the house, and he was a superb mouser so I was sad to see him go. But his departure meant I could impose a new rule, and so I moved the litter box into an unused bay of the garage.

This was all years ago. I've just been trying to remember how long it's been since I've been in a place where a cat lived. And it's now over 13 years since I have entered a building where a cat lives.

If other people want to keep cats in their living spaces that is exactly none of my business, but personally I do not believe that cats make suitable house pets. And I will never shoot or trap cats on someone else's property. But anyone who thinks I will just stand there and watch their cat mess up my garden after it climbed over my fence is very naive.
gs1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:41 PM   #169
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Do you think this every time you see someone left their bag of **** on the side of the trail, or blow it off, thinking everyone is like you and is going to pick it up on the way out? What do you think the people think of you when they see you've left yours on the side of the trail? You give the bad rap as much as anyone else.
Quote:
but I don't try to force my opinion on others.
Quote:
I offered no opinion, only asked the opinion of others.

On another note, just want to point out that--right or wrong (probably somewhere in between)--you actually did "offer an opinion" here Marc. Probably stronger than 'opinion' actually, judgement might be a better word.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:45 PM   #170
Bus Geek

Quote:
I should perhaps apologize. I was a psychology student too and wrote several papers on psychopaths in 300 and 400 level courses. Got an A- on every one of them because the psyc dept at my university had a policy of not giving anything above an A- to non-majors and I was doing a minor so that I could use a few upper level psyc courses as ancilliary credits on my cultural anthropology degree.

This was done as a mature student and single parent while I was in my 50s, and was done before I switched to history for my post-graduate studies, during which time I was employed teaching history majors how to write proper term papers.

So I struggle with this forum about slipping back into formal academic language, and sometimes I go too far in trying to make my language more informal. So when I said I used cats for target practice that was not completely accurate it. It was much more of a firing squad situation.

And this was not just anybody's cat this was my wife's cat. But it wasn't like she was surprised. I made it perfectly clear when we got the cat that the second time it [deposited excrement in the house] I would shoot it. So I did.

I had another experience that has made it very difficult for me to see cats as housepets. One cold British Columbia winter evening some years ago I encountered a cat that was hanging around the door of a small convenience store. It was well below freezing and the cat was acting cold. I didn't pay too much attention to the cat as I went in, but as I came out it began screeching and rubbing against my legs. It was then I noticed the 16 to 18 inch long tapeworm that was hanging out of the cat as it was rubbing up against me.

I had my kids in the car and I had to get back in the car with them after that parasite infested cat had rubbed against me. Fortunately, we were in a cat free period at home since the last cat had disappeared, something I had nothing to do with. That cat did not [deposit excrement] in the house, and he was superb mouser so I was sad to see him go. But his departure meant I could impose a new rule, and so I moved the litter box into an unused bay of the garage.

This was all years ago. I've just been trying to remember how long it's been since I've been in a place where a cat lived. And it's now over 13 years since I have entered a building where a cat lives.

If other people want to keep cats in their living spaces that is exactly none of my business, but personally I do not believe that cats make suitable house pets. And I will never shoot or trap cats on someone else's property. But anyone who thinks I will just stand there and watch their cat mess up my garden after it climbed over my fence is ver naive.
You are one sick 'er.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:46 PM   #171
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Lets just all be friends and try not to get any poo on each other.
Smoke if you got em.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:53 PM   #172
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
"Can't we all just get along?"

Points taken...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 08:11 PM   #173
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastcb View Post
lets just all be friends [and not kill, brag about, or glorify killing cats needlessly]
. .
Old 01-05-2020, 08:31 PM   #174
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Do you think this every time you see someone left their bag of **** on the side of the trail, or blow it off, thinking everyone is like you and is going to pick it up on the way out? What do you think the people think of you when they see you've left yours on the side of the trail? You give the bad rap as much as anyone else.
You see, this quote confused me because he, I think, quoted the wrong guy? Did you mean to quote the guy who leaves his poo and comes back for it?

I don't want to see it there on the trail, or any garbage for that matter. I go to the woods to see the woods, not human waste, dog waste, or any waste. Not for a minute, an hour, or month. I pick up all garbage I find in the woods, except the bags of poo. I'm not touching them with my bare hands.

In my judgemental opinion, Marc in this case is right. Get a minimal-sized fanny pack and carry it the whole way.

But I'm not here to support Marc.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:58 PM   #175
Bus Geek

Quote:
You see, this quote confused me because he, I think, quoted the wrong guy? Did you mean to quote the guy who leaves his poo and comes back for it?

I don't want to see it there on the trail, or any garbage for that matter. I go to the woods to see the woods, not human waste, dog waste, or any waste. Not for a minute, an hour, or month. I pick up all garbage I find in the woods, except the bags of poo. I'm not touching them with my bare hands.

In my judgemental opinion, Marc in this case is right. Get a minimal-sized fanny pack and carry it the whole way.

My point was that he was bitching about people who leave the bags on the side of the trail, and then admits he does it himself. He says he picks them up on the way out. Well how do we know the people who are pissing him off aren't doing the same? If it bothers you to see the bags there, don't leave them yourself.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:08 PM   #176
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Chassis: Freightliner FS-65
Engine: 7.2L Cat 3126 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 71 passenger 30,000 gvwr
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Lets just all be friends and try not to get any poo on each other.
Smoke if you got em.
I was gonna say: couldn't we all just talk (about) sh!t and move on...?

(feeling badly for whatever part I may have had in this tangent...)

The Murder Bus
banman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:32 PM   #177
Bus Crazy

Quote:

You're not wrong, and I'm not right...

Where I was talking about the bags -- my 5 mile loop was under an hour so the bags not there long. This is a trail system on the edge of town -- coveted green-belt, not wilderness. I wouldn't leave a bag down in wilderness -- of course I wouldn't take any dog into wilderness either -- but that's another ethic.

Cigarette butts frost me even more and while I routinely pick up litter I NEVER pick up cigarette butts -- I leave them there so other people can hate smokers too... (there's probably a pathology in there for me...)

I can only add that if you frequent these kinda trails you can usually tell the difference between someone prominently placing the dog pOOp! bag on a rock on the side of the trail so I don't miss it on the way back vs someone tossing the bag off the side of the trail behind a tree...
That said: I'm sure anyone's right who thinks someone's seen me and thought I was an asshole for leaving a bag on a rock.
I know I've disturbed some people on trail for running with a 60lb dog (leash) in one hand and a pOOp! bag in the other.
(anyone who suggests a fanny pack does not understand trail running)

As for MY dog's pOOp! Since I control what my dog eats and never let him off lease I have no doubt his pOOp! is cleaner than most folks children who run around wild putting the world in their mouths...
And that brings us a little closer to point -- if my dogs clean, and his pOOp!'s clean, it's that much safer to compost it... BUTT I don't compost my dog's poop because I'm a lazy composter -- I don't get religious about my ratio's of greens and browns -- I don't stir my pile on a routine basis -- and now that I'm in OH where it rains more than Seattle I'm sure my compost pile is almost always too wet which means I should be stirring (fluffing) it even more to keep it a bit dryer...

The Murder Bus
Old 01-05-2020, 09:49 PM   #178
Bus Crazy

I used to trail run, until I blew out my knee trail running. Ahh, the feeling of running down that perfectly sloped hill with 10'-15' strides between each footplant. One time we went extreme and ran down the side of a steep hill in the woods, no trail, leaping for 20' down over 5-7' high bushes at absolute top speed...as long as you keep moving and keep moving fluidly, it's a breeze. Plus I had on Danner mid-calf boots for support. Or up those long-grinds that get you heart a-pumpin'. Yea! Miss that. Fanny pack would work for me, even under those extreme conditions. Just get a dedicated one, and put the Poo bag inside another heavy plastic bag (that you can reuse)

The woods I have been visiting are in the middle of a big city. And the bags off Poo are almost always right there next to the trail. Someone picks them up from day to day. I just get the cig butts.
Old 01-05-2020, 10:04 PM   #179
Bus Crazy

Quote:
I used to trail run, until I blew out my knee trail running. Ahh, the feeling of running down that perfectly sloped hill with 10'-15' strides between each footplant. One time we went extreme and ran down the side of a steep hill in the woods, no trail, leaping for 20' down over 5-7' high bushes at absolute top speed...as long as you keep moving and keep moving fluidly, it's a breeze. Plus I had on Danner mid-calf boots for support. Or up those long-grinds that get you heart a-pumpin'. Yea! Miss that. Fanny pack would work for me, even under those extreme conditions. Just get a dedicated one, and put the Poo bag inside another heavy plastic bag (that you can reuse)

The woods I have been visiting are in the middle of a big city. And the bags off Poo are almost always right there next to the trail. Someone picks them up from day to day. I just get the cig butts.
Sorry about your knee...
Even the Army knows better than to run in boots these daze...
When I don't have to wear steel toes the boots I wear are like moccasins

I must draw the line at the thought of a poo bag breaking inside my camelback or other attire -- it's just too distracting...

The Murder Bus
Old 01-05-2020, 10:33 PM   #180
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: CE300
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 23
Quote:
Edited, because you're not worth my time. As far as I'm concerned, you don't exist here anymore.

Our Build: Mr. Beefy
TheHubbardBus is offline   Reply With Quote