Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2007, 08:39 PM   #1
Skoolie

wiper parks streight up and down in my view

I just have been going over things in my bus and noticed that the driver's side wiper will not park to the side. I have thought about taking off the arm and remounting it to the side. I wonder if it will then cycle across the window correctly? Is there a right way to fix this problem?

Train-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:45 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Re: wiper parks streight up and down in my view

i have an international thomas body bus and have the same problem. I actually turned the wiper arm so it would park to the side, and the automatic gizmo put the wiper right back smack dab in the middle of my view. It's odd, because the passenger side wiper sits off the the edge like it oughtta.

i've found that if i turn the wiper switch so it's in between hi/low the wiper motor looses current and will stop. if you time it right you can stop the wiper blade all the way to the edge. I've gotten really good at making it stop out of my way, but i'd be way happier if i found the correct fix.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: bluebird
Chassis: F33695
Engine: 427 chevy converted to 466
Rated Cap: 84
Re: wiper parks streight up and down in my view

I assume you have electric wipers and not air. Electric wiper motors have a switch built in to them that powers the motor until it gets to it's parking area and then breakes the circuit (this happens after you turn off the power to it, it's hot all the time on one side so be careful). If your switch is dirty or broke (copper arms with contacts on the end of them) then it will stop where ever you turn the power off. Take it apart and look inside for the contacts and see what condition they are in, adjust accordingly. sportyrick
sportyrick is offline   Reply With Quote