Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2018, 07:10 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Amtran RE
Chassis: International 3000
Engine: T444e 7.3L
I'm nervous about doing anything involving paint, caulk, or water (plumbing) until spring.

It helps to warm up your tools periodically. Also, keep nuts/bolts and metal hardware inside until just before you want to use it. Holding a -17 degree bolt in your bare fingers isn't a lot of fun. Going back inside every 30 minutes to get some tools or parts is a nice excuse to warm yourself anyway.

I have two hand warmers in each glove so I can warm my fingers back up. And, I try to put a thick rug on the ground when I'm underneath.

Biscuitsjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:10 AM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
+1 on heating up tools!.. if im working at my house or storage unit i set an open tool tray on top of one of those space heaters that looks like a radiator.. it keeps the tools warm enough to actually warm your hand for a couple when you use it.. always seems like im using the same sizes alot so I toss common size wrenches and sockets in that tray.. I really dont like working in the cold but I live in OhiO so its inevitable that if I want to keep my bus properly maintained with as many miles as i drive it then ill be working in the cold..
-Christopher
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote