Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2020, 09:39 AM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
I've seen that boaterhome before, or something similiar. There was a newer version of the concept recently, basically a road-able houseboat.

Back to the old bus, as I just went though my 72 2-ton truck wheel issue, the wheels on this bus can't be used most likely, so that in itself will cost $3k to $5k to update.

BeNimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:16 AM   #22
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
It has been a while, but here's an update. The seller said that a couple of other people showed interest, but no one else offered to buy it. He also said that the gas tank had been removed and he could not find any keys for the bus. At that point I declined to pursue it further and thanked him for his time. He said that a salvage place from over the hill was willing to come haul it off, but didn't say how much that would cost him.
It was fun to see the old thing in person and dream a little, but was too far gone for me to handle. The best part is that my wife is happier to not have it.
Mountain Yawp is offline   Reply With Quote