Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2019, 05:53 PM   #1

Year: 1967
Chassis: International
1967 Conversion for sale

My husband and I purchased this already converted 25 foot - 1967 International School bus in 2012 so that we could vacation into the US with our 5 children ages 9-16.

That summer we traveled from Alberta Canada, into BC, Canada, across the border and to Mount St. Helen's then to the Oregon Coast down to San Fransisco, then to Vegas and up through Utah, the Grand Canyon, through Yellowstone National Park and home.....all over 3 weeks.

Although it was certainly an interesting trip with the teenagers with 4 being girls but we got some great memories in the 'Magic School Bus'.

Unfortunately he passed away in Dec 2015 and I have taken it out each summer after that for a couple of years but now she is sitting in storage and its time for her to move onto another family!

I don't have details on the engine other than it is a gas engine, and a manual that is a 5 speed High-Low like the olden days buses. My husband had a new distributor put in and the only issue I am aware of is that she stay revved up when the 'throttle (?)' stick which seems like it would be an easy fix. He also replaced all the water lines and it has hot and cold water ability with propane tank for the water heater. It does a propane fridge but it doesn't keep things very cool but we never really used it much. We just used a plug in electric cooler. There is a bathroom at the back with a septic tank which has been only minimally used.

The cupboards built inside I am told were from a classroom and every a specialty spice slideout. There is lots of storage space and she sleeps 5 comfortably. She has a TV and DVD player. There are curtains for all the windows for at night and one for the front of the bus and door for privacy. We also installed a safe in the cupboard to keep our valuables secure.

She does need a new battery which I will purchase and the electrical is set up to have the plugs run off a second battery and there is an inverter installed. Some electrical work needs to be done as when we last used it the signal lights on the left would not work, and the bluetooth stereo is not receiving power. This should be an easy fix for someone that knows what they are doing . There is also an AC unit that currently only has power when the bus is plugged in and not while driving.

I did have a buyer lined up for several months but she has since backed out.

I am looking for a quick sale and I am asking for around $6000.
Any help to sell this would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Christine
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4639.JPEG   IMG_0808.JPG   IMG_4623.JPG   IMG_4636.JPG   IMG_4621.JPG  

IMG_4627.JPG   IMG_4629.JPG   IMG_4628.JPG   IMG_4631.JPG   IMG_4634.JPG  

IMG_4625.JPG   IMG_0875.JPG   IMG_0809.JPG  

ctoews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 06:06 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
nicely done, good price
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:06 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
she's a beautiful old Thomas Loadstar butterfly hood shorty!!!!

**LOVE** that steering wheel..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1967, canada, conversion, sale