Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2022, 06:10 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1968
Coachwork: superior/wayne
Chassis: b500 ford/chevy?
Engine: ford 330 MD / chevy 327
Rated Cap: 36
For Sale: 1968 Ford B500 School Bus - Original Good Condition

Located next to San Luis Obispo, Calif. 93420

Looking to sell my 68' Ford B500 school bus. All original, untouched, great condition for it's age. Runs and drives well, but tranny needs work. 12 bench seats. 24 foot long. Registered as motor home so cheap to insure and use. Has two rear exit doors (back end and driver's side rear)!

-330 MD motor runs good but is tired.

-Upgraded to a Clark heavy duty, 5-speed with overdrive (3rd gear synchros need looking at; takes couple extra seconds to downshift from 4th to 3rd).

-All new machined flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, throw-out bearing, input shaft bearing, etc with 5 speed upgrade (has @ 2K miles).
-All new U-joints and balanced driveshafts with tranny upgrade.
-Heavy duty emergency/parking brake drum on back of tranny.

-5.83 geared rear axle.
-No power steering, but steers fine once bus starts moving.

-Rebuilt dual, power brake system (only found on school buses) about 10 years ago. Brakes work excellent.

-All windows/doors work fine. No broken glass.

-High power, Pioneer/cd player with (4)-6x9's and one 10" woofer. System sounds extremely clean and loud!!
-Two heavy duty group 27 batteries (one for engine and lights; one for stereo). Charging/isolator will not discharge main battery when using radio.

-All (3) heaters/blower motors work fine (windshield defrost, driver area and rear passenger area. Heater core was flushed/checked a few years back. Cooling hose replaced few years ago.

-All headlights, stop lights, blinkers, hazards and running/clearance lights work fine.

-Tires have great tread and are a few years old.
-Has heavy duty trailer hitch with flat-4 trailer wiring plug (pulls my 1,200 lb. camp trailer fine).

Have extra 391 HD engine and close ratio 5 speed tranny with @ 130K miles that I pulled from a 66' F600. Motor ran good when pulled, been sitting 5, 6 years now.

A buddy also has a 2-speed 5.14/7.17 complete rear axle I could throw in for extra $$. This axle would be good to use the with extra 5-speed tranny.

Also have original 4 speed that came with bus.

I would drive this bus across the country and any were. It's been solid and dependable for the 15 years I've owned it (bought directly from school district and it was in good mechanical order). With the overdrive, it cruises 65mph.

Asking $22K with all extra parts, etc.

pismomc@hotmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
B500 front RH.jpg   B500 front LH.jpg   B500 interior front view.jpg   B500 interior Rear pic.jpg   B500 engine.jpg  

bus camping.jpg   bus top pic.jpg   front view.jpg  

jibronee is offline   Reply With Quote