Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2019, 11:33 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: 40ft 3-axle 10spd O/D, Factory A/C
Engine: 300hp Cummins 855
Rated Cap: 91
1978 Crown 35ft, MT643 Auto. DD 6-71 rebuild

Unusual opportunity for someone looking for a Crown in excellent condition and ready to run another 300k miles. The bus was in daily CHP certified school service until the district parked it with an engine problem. I got it since the body and running gear is in such great overall condition, while the engine repair is very straightforward and all part of the package. The engine will end being a complete in-frame overhaul with new cylinder liners, pistons, rods, bearings, and a complete new head. No more worries about what latent repair issues may crop up, since you've already taken care of the major ones. This may not be for everyone, or sound like any kind of deal worth considering, that's fine with me.

Anyone who understands what an actual diamond in the rough this Crown is will be ready to jump on it knowing that everything that could go wrong after buying it has already been taken care of. You're in control and can have input on how and what else to be done if interested, for instance, re-gearing the rear end for higher highway speeds may make sense, and possible.

Most of the well maintained and looked after Crowns have already been snapped up as they were retired. The only ones left available today are the abused and run into the ground ones that operators ran to death before selling them off. The new owners have the privilege of finding all the expensive things that need repairing to get the Crown back into safe and reliable service condition. This Crown isn't one of those.

Like I said, it may not be for everyone, but if you truly want a Crown worth having and intend to drive it a lot, then you should contact me directly at my email, much more reliable, and not through the PM on this site.

I'll give more details and photos to anyone seriously interested. You will get a turn key Crown ready to drive off and all the personal support I offer in training you how to drive it, how it works, how to take care of it and answers to all the questions you will no doubt have, plus all the ones you won't know you should be asking, but I will. Plus I'll be around after you get it home and find out other things to ask.

You will be joining a nice little community of satisfied, even zealous, Crown owners who will be there to help you out as well.

I've included pics of the other twin to this one after it was repaired with the same engine issue, and how this one will look when finished and ready to drive off. This is a seriously good chance to get a Crown with all known major issues already repaired and ready to go another decade or more with minimal trouble and only needing regular routine maintenance.

For the $15k I'll need for this, you will have a hard time finding any Crowns of this quality or mechanical certitude. Any decent Crown's are running around these prices, and if it's not, then there will be repair issues to look at after purchasing it, count on it. And that can easily be another $5-10k or more depending on what the problems are. This Crown has everything already taken care of and will run for years without any trouble.

For more info and pics, and to stake a claim, and if you're really serious,

contact me direct at: mikemcc2k@yahoo.com
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN6697sm.jpg   DSCN6571sml.jpg   DSCN6573sml.jpg   DSCN6564sml.jpg  

Crown_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote