Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2019, 11:41 AM   #1

1983 36' Bluebird Bus for sale

I have for sale the Diesel Pusher pictured. $7000 obo

The roof was raised about a foot-and-a-half, making the ceiling the right height for someone 6'-2" to stand upright comfortably. The frame channels were cut as shown, spliced back together with 1-1/4" square tube welded/bolted into place with 1/8" flatbar welded in to mimic the flange on the spliced channel. The open sides were sheeted with 14ga steel and riveted into place, using marine adhesive to seal the seams, and all of the exposed steel was coated with primer to protect from rust.

The interior is a clean slate, with the exception of the window locations.

This was a project I was in the middle of three years ago when I ended up moving to Indiana for a job, but didn't end up returning to. My dad has been storing it for me, but it needs a new home now, unfortunately. I'll be back in Oregon for a little over a week late April/early May and could squeeze in showings if you'd like to take a look.

dangraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:24 PM   #2

more info

Can you send me a link with more info?
cwpsy@yahoo.com
cwpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:51 PM   #3

Can i get some contact info? Very interested.
lagr8dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwpsy View Post
Can you send me a link with more info?
cwpsy@yahoo.com
It has a CAT 3806, I believe, with an Allison transmission. The Odometer on the wheel hub says 232419.2 and the hour meter of the Tach says 02186.5. I’ve only put about 1k miles on it, and fired up the engine fewer than 100 times. It’s always fired up immediately, to the point that I’ve always just used a car battery, when there should really be a pair of industrial batteries on it (that’s what the battery cables are set up for, anyway). The tranny seems fine: the last time I drove it though, it was waiting a little longer than usual to shift up until the system was fully up to temp, then it was normal. There are no fluid leaks. The air pressure leaks out after sitting for a night, but charges back up fine after a couple of minutes with the compressor running, so the brakes release. The four tires in the back have all the tread, the two in the front are practically bald. That’s all I can think of at the moment.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagr8dane View Post
Can i get some contact info? Very interested.
Sorry, Skoolie forum noob, here.
opuslogos@yahoo.com
or text me at 503-919-9828
Old 04-19-2019, 05:20 PM   #6

Update: I'll be available between 4/24 and 5/2, if you want to come over to Stayton, OR to take a look.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:55 AM   #7

Did this sell? Thanks!
rmelkbusorbust is offline   Reply With Quote