Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2008, 04:46 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1985
Coachwork: Chevrolet
1985 Chevy short bus! SOLD

Hi there, I sold my bus last night. It was a sad parting, but it's going to a better home. -Nathan

UPDATE - The price is now $2500. I am hoping to sell my bus before the start of next month, so I can move, and not have to pay storage fees for November.

Hi there,

Well, I've decided that my beloved skoolie is a bit much for me, and it's time to move on to something else. The place that I am storing it at isn't working out too well. I am also taking a job up in Seattle, and can't realistically take the bus with me.

Please go to: http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc55/nathanhbarnes/ to see some pictures. They aren't the best quality (my camera skills suck). If you're interested, just let me know, an I can try to get some better shots.

Main stats:
-has a 350 V8 engine, with recent timing adjustment, passed smog, and runs great!
-has a turbo 400 tranny, with new transmisssion fluid
-It's a dually rear end, and the previous owner said he replaced all six tires about 1.5 years ago.
-Has a funky, cool paint job from the previous owner. A real cool head turner!
-I removed the wooden roof box.
-I ripped out all the seats, and the old floor, and re-installed a new 3/4" thick wood floor.
-I built a full size bed frame in the back
-I added a CD player with two 6.5" speakers in front.
-I also bolted in a 3 person bench seat.

I had tons of plans for this thing, but am just running out of time to finish them up. My loss is your gain! The dirty hard stuff is done, and now you can start adding your individual fun projects to it!

You'll see an inverter in the photos. I currently have a 1200 watt inverter, and 3 deep cycle marine batteries (under bed) installed. The batteries run the stereo and lights, and inverter, etc. My plan is to take that stuff out, upon selling the vehicle, so please disregard those items. A friend of mine offered to buy them from me, for his van, and I've kind of already offered them to him. However, if you really want all that stuff, we could probably work something out.

If you've got any questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail me, or call me. I am available anytime to show the vehicle. It's located in a rented warehouse space, off the street, in West Oakland, CA. My phone number is (415) 374-0624, and my e-mail is nathanhbarnes@hotmail.com

Thanks for your time!!!
-Nathan

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote