Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2018, 08:08 AM   #1

1989 Chevy G30 Blue Bird short bus -St. Louis

This is a 1989 Chevy G30 short Blue Bird bus with automatic transmission. It was a prison bus in South Georgia! The person who owned it before me took all the seats and prison cages out, and added a bunk bed, cabinet/table and flat screen TV with dvd player. They also had the engine and transmission rebuilt 20,000 miles ago. They painted it white and added an inverter and power strip.

Since I had it I've put $500 into making it a private living space. I put up light blocking curtains on all of the windows, and added a divider between the front and back of the bus. When you park you can close the curtains on all sides and nobody can see inside.

I bought this to make the trip from Georgia to Illinois with my dogs. We lived in this bus for a week. When I got here I put it in storage, and it's been in storage 2 months now. When I came to check on it I saw it developed a leak from one of the overhead lights (not a functioning light). The next owner needs to get on the roof of the bus and seal that area.

In addition to the new leak, it has a few other things that need to be fixed. The windshield wipers are not working. Occasionally they will come on, but get stuck in the up position, making it hard to see. So I don't turn them on at all. I think it just needs a new motor.

There is a small oil leak, common with vehicles this age. When I was driving this daily, I had to check and add oil every couple days. Since it's been parked it hasn't been losing oil.

It drives great! It made the trip from Georgia with minimal issues. There is one thing it does that is important to know. When I drove on the expressway for more than 3 hours at a time, and stopped and turned it off, I couldn't turn it back on for about a half hour. It seemed the engine had to cool before it would start again. I never had this issue during city driving, or on the expressway for less than 3 hours. I don't know what causes this. When you try to start it nothing will happen at all- complete silence. Then a half hour later it starts like nothing happened and drives fine. If you plan on using this locally you won't even see this issue.

It's easy to maneuver and is just a little longer than a regular parking spot.

A few things don't work: radio, speedometer, odometer. There is no AC. But the engine and transmission are strong and this is a solid bus! All metal walls and ceiling. The floor is solid but could use an upgrade to look nicer.

Bus comes with everything in pictures: TV/DVD player, curtains, waterproof mattress protector and bedding, mattress, rugs, small space heater, trash can and portable toilet. I've washed the bedding and rugs and cleaned the inside of the bus. It's all ready to go!

You can add a mattress to the top bunk. I put a board on it to store boxes since I was using it to move.

The inverter/power strip only works when the bus is running. I bought a portable power generator to run my electronics when parked. Then plugged it in while the bus was running to recharge it. This is not included. Just giving you a suggestion. Hooking up to solar power would be a good idea too. There's plenty of roof space for panels.There are AA battery-powered lights attached to the ceiling.

It's in a storage facility in Belleville IL (suburb of St. Louis). Please email me at rebecca432 @ Gmail with any questions or to set up a time to see it. I have a clear Georgia title. $3500 obo. This is a unique bus and would be an incredible tiny home or camper for someone. If I had the time for it I'd keep it.
Attached Thumbnails
1E019182-9CB3-4934-8A3C-9D0023802A43.jpg   132FB2F0-464C-404E-AE61-DE93142B3346.jpg   73CB5CC8-0167-44EE-8D9E-DE7E4DD2F8E4.jpg   90ABB92B-9D07-410B-8E98-0F1AE38B561A.jpg   3A2AFD07-5BCC-47B2-A4E6-A1429510078D.jpg  

A276186D-482C-472F-8007-779F544EF9CC.jpg   9075CB40-BF9D-4F9D-9E7A-F3A9AB5592FD.jpg   12040090-0017-4E00-8AB0-6EE6E9108993.jpg  

RG119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:17 PM   #2

Sold

Sold, please remove post.
RG119 is offline   Reply With Quote