Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2019, 05:14 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

1991 Thomas for sale

We are selling our Skoolie. 1991 Thomas international, 7.3 liter engine.
Located in Logan, Utah. Asking price 15k. Basically we put about 15k into the bus and would like as close to that much as we can back... so if you’re interested. Shoot me an email with an offer or any questions.
We bought the bus from Pasadena Texas school district. There was minimal rust, which we ground out and treated. The odometer says 150k, but our mechanic who helped us buy it thinks that’s wrong. We don’t know a lot about the mechanical end. We had a bus mechanic friend who helped us with all of that. If you’d like the vin number... I’ll email it to you.
We haven’t driven it a ton... the biggest trip was from Texas to Utah loaded up as our moving truck. It did pretty well. Went slow up hills, so we’ve been told it could use a turbo boost on the engine. It doesn’t like to start when it’s cold outside.
We lived in it full time as a family for 5 months, with the plan to live in it a couple more years. But our life plans changed when we were offered a job we were looking for sooner than we expected. Woohoo!! But sad to move on from bus life.
It has room for a a queen or king bed in the back. Two sets of bunk beds, one side is a narrow twin set, the other is more of a crib size set. This side could be turned into storage area. We have the mattresses for the narrow twins, that will go with the bus if you want them. But the smaller bunks we cut out of some thick foam. They weren’t super great, so you probably don’t want them... although they are available.
There is a tiled shower with a bench. A 20 gallon hot water tank. And a small toilet closet... which currently has a bucket compost toilet set up, but we rigged the water lines so it can easily be routed into the toilet area if you need it. There are no holding tanks.
It’s got 50 amp shoreline service.
We had a professional plumber and electrical help us put in those systems. Everything else we did ourselves. We are proud of our work, but it’s not perfect. ;)
There are some unfinished areas, like trim and painting and the hatches, that we are slowly working on finishing. But it’s in livable condition for sure.
The kitchen has a small fridge and freezer, a nice large sink, a butcher block counter top, a small microwave, and plenty of storage space.
We left the front area open to add a couch or put in a table and chairs.
There is no oven. We used a portable hot plate to cook over, or outside stoves/campfires.
Please email me any questions. Booth2007@yahoo.com

simpletradition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:24 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Pics are an amazing help in selling something.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:24 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks, I definitely agree. I was in the midst of trying to figure out how to post pictures when I got distracted by my kiddos. I will be posting pictures soon.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:06 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Adding pictures

I’m having trouble getting pictures to show up on this thread. But here is the link to my photo album on my profile pages.

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/member...lbums1836.html