Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 03:40 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

SOLD: 1992 Shorty Carpenter/International Motorhome

For sale in central PA: a relatively rust-free (see pics) 1992 Carpenter/International Short (6 row) Bus that has gone through PA Enhanced Inspection and is retitled/registered as a Motorhome. Asking $2837, open to offers. Bus is located in Lewisburg, PA.

Here are some details:

1992 Carpenter over International w/ 7.3L IDI and Allison 500 Trans
134,552 miles (odometer reads 58484, but dash/gauges were replaced at 76062)
Current PA inspection good until 11/2022
Runs and handles well, drove it to Florida and back last year, no problems.
Paint is brush-on Rustoleum
Under side of bus is partially insulated, as shown (definitely helped stationary heating/cooling)
Perfectly functioning back up camera, and pre-wired for auxiliary batter charging (aux battery not included)
Perfectly functioning block heater
Hydraulic brakes
12v/usb power sockets and 350w inverter installed
2x crank out windows w/ 12v fans on drivers side
Class C motorhome, no special license required

Comes as-is, with a fairly stripped interior, ready for you to build out your perfect skoolie over the winter!

Does include the sink and plumbed 30 gallon gray water tank shown in pictures. Also included and shown in pictures is a partially installed air conditioning system and the rest of the parts that came with that kit. Also includes the 120v A/C and extra low drop hitch insert shown.

Included in sale: (not shown, pics available upon request): the original folding door w/ hardware, 7x spare side windows, 2x (top corner and bottom door) rear windows, 2x fully functioning heater cores (front right corner and rear)

Available for sale in addition to the bus:
Brand new, unused 40 gallon, 4 wheel Barker Water Tote - $200
Used Air Head Composting Toilet w/ 2 vent fan/shrouds and many spare consumables (coconut choir and bowl liners) - $1000
excellent condition, gray Ford Transit 2 person seat w/ quick release bracket - $200

Here is a link to a gallery of the photos which are attached below: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pzpwfeti9...d1Z4vPo1a?dl=0

Here is a link to a gallery of additional photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tb8lrnia4...Lu5-x1S2a?dl=0

I will be happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability. Thank you for looking.

- Jeremy
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1175.jpg   IMG_1148.jpg   IMG_1152.jpg   IMG_1161.jpg   IMG_1159.jpg  

IMG_1131.jpg   IMG_1144.jpg   IMG_1136.jpg  

Old 12-07-2021, 04:29 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
Shoot, ya had me until the juice brakes part. I'm looking for something identical to this for a daily driver.

At that price, I don't think you'll have issues selling it. Good Luck!
Old 12-08-2021, 08:00 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Looks alot like my Carpenter.. although mine is a DT360.. heavy built busses.. wierd to see one without the right side heater though.. those were standard in that year... esp up north..
Old 12-08-2021, 03:29 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

right side heater

This bus has only been driven in the summer since we bought it about 15 years ago. Right side heater especially became unnecessary after I changed the door (no more low defrost required). I removed it with the idea of turning the stairwell into a shower stall. The right side heater/blower still works perfectly and is included in the sale. All the wiring for it is still in place if someone wanted to reinstall it.
Old 12-08-2021, 03:50 PM   #5
Bus Geek

in that bus the right side heater is also the right side defroster.. that defrost isnt designed to clear the glass of even summer fog without it (but your Air-COnditioner will though in summer)
Old 12-08-2021, 04:29 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks for the encouragement Booyah45828! Sorry the brakes aren’t to your liking. If it makes any difference to you, a couple of the calipers have been replaced in recent years.
Old 12-08-2021, 04:47 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

I did wonder if the left side defrost would be enough for the whole windshield in winter conditions, I just never drove the bus in cold weather. The windshield defrost channel does connect continuously the full width of the windshield, over to the left side heater/defroster; so the right side of the windshield would get some warm air regardless. Last summer I drove it through torrential white-out level Florida thunderstorms and windshield fogging wasn’t an issue for me; but if someone were going to drive the bus year round they might want to reinstall the right side heater, especially if they were actually needing to melt frost/ice, not just de-fog (it does have the two fans which work well for that).
Old 12-08-2021, 06:05 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo View Post
I did wonder if the left side defrost would be enough for the whole windshield in winter conditions, I just never drove the bus in cold weather. The windshield defrost channel does connect continuously the full width of the windshield, over to the left side heater/defroster; so the right side of the windshield would get some warm air regardless. Last summer I drove it through torrential white-out level Florida thunderstorms and windshield fogging wasn’t an issue for me; but if someone were going to drive the bus year round they might want to reinstall the right side heater, especially if they were actually needing to melt frost/ice, not just de-fog (it does have the two fans which work well for that).

I have almosat the same bus.. its 29 out now.. at 29 the left side heater only wont keep it very warm I wish I didnt have to be out in 29 degree weather.. i hate winter.. i hate cold .. I defog in summer with my air conditioner
Old 12-08-2021, 06:54 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

I suppose it depends on the exact conditions. I can imagine that at 29 and humid, or a 34 degree rain, or actual snow, one would want more heat blowing directly on the windshield. When I drove it home from inspection last month it was below freezing out, but low humidity and I had no fogging. I actually had to turn down the left side heater fan after about 4 miles because I was getting cooked! (the bus still has 2 left side floor level heater cores, so the drivers seat is as hot as you can handle!) If a sale were contingent on reinstalling 1 or both of the heaters that I removed, I’d be happy to do so.
Old 12-09-2021, 10:56 AM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Update, I've added a walk around (or rather, a walk-under) video to better show the underbody condition. Hope it helps; viewable here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfe8c2aevp...20480.mov?dl=0

Thanks for looking!
Old 12-09-2021, 02:42 PM   #11

Serious buyer

I’m interested in potentially purchasing this. Stumbled upon this site and not sure how this works. I too live in PA. Would you be willing to email me directly to discuss this and potentially set up to see if it hasn’t been sold!

Thank you!
Janelle
jpeger1234@yahoo.com

QUOTE=photo;460215]For sale in central PA: a relatively rust-free (see pics) 1992 Carpenter/International Short (6 row) Bus that has gone through PA Enhanced Inspection and is retitled/registered as a Motorhome. Asking $2837, open to offers. Bus is located in Lewisburg, PA.

Here are some details:

Under side of bus is partially insulated, as shown (definitely helped stationary heating/cooling)
Perfectly functioning back up camera, and pre-wired for auxiliary batter charging (aux battery not included)
Hydraulic brakes

Comes as-is, with a fairly stripped interior, ready for you to build out your perfect skoolie over the winter!

Does include the sink and plumbed 30 gallon gray water tank shown in pictures. Also included and shown in pictures is a partially installed air conditioning system and the rest of the parts that came with that kit. Also includes the 120v A/C and extra low drop hitch insert shown.

Included in sale: (not shown, pics available upon request): the original folding door w/ hardware, 7x spare side windows, 2x (top corner and bottom door) rear windows, 2x fully functioning heater cores (front right corner and rear)

Used Air Head Composting Toilet w/ 2 vent fan/shrouds and many spare consumables (coconut choir and bowl liners) - $1000
excellent condition, gray Ford Transit 2 person seat w/ quick release bracket - $200

Here is a link to a gallery of the photos which are attached below: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pzpwfeti9...d1Z4vPo1a?dl=0

Here is a link to a gallery of additional photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tb8lrnia4...Lu5-x1S2a?dl=0

I will be happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability. Thank you for looking.

- Jeremy[/QUOTE]
Old 12-11-2021, 06:32 AM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Update: here’s a video of a ‘cold start’

https://www.dropbox.com/s/csrh2xbltn...start.mov?dl=0

and one of the bus idling right afterward:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5gb7gmby5...nning.mov?dl=0
Old 12-11-2021, 02:43 PM   #13

Hi,

I’m VERY interested in this bus and live in PA. Would like to talk to you about this.

Thank you,
Janelle
Old 12-11-2021, 02:52 PM   #14

Hello,

Also I’m 3.5 hours from you and could come there next weekend if still available.

Thanks,
Janelle
Old 12-11-2021, 04:25 PM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

Hi Janelle, that’s great, the bus is still for sale. I will be happy to answer any questions. Here is a link to some additional videos that I took for another interested party:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3a7b719r...l_Rg_lVDa?dl=0
Old 12-11-2021, 04:44 PM   #16
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Bluebird Conventional
Engine: DT466E, Allison 2000
Rated Cap: 65
That is a great looking bus, mechanical engine and parts are not so expensive. Wish I was closer to check it out.
Old 12-11-2021, 04:49 PM   #17
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks, Magnum, good luck in your search for the perfect rig!
Old 12-12-2021, 05:12 PM   #18

Interested in this bus. Live 3 1/2 hours away

Could someone please tell me if this bus is still available?
Thx

QUOTE=photo;460215]For sale in central PA: a relatively rust-free (see pics) 1992 Carpenter/International Short (6 row) Bus that has gone through PA Enhanced Inspection and is retitled/registered as a Motorhome. Asking $2837, open to offers. Bus is located in Lewisburg, PA.

Here are some details:

Hydraulic brakes

- Jeremy[/QUOTE]
Old 12-12-2021, 05:17 PM   #19

Interested…

Great! I’d like to come out and see if this weekend if possible.

photo;460482]Hi Janelle, that’s great, the bus is still for sale. I will be happy to answer any questions. Here is a link to some additional videos that I took for another interested party:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3a7b719r...l_Rg_lVDa?dl=0[/QUOTE]
Old 12-13-2021, 06:38 PM   #20
Mini-Skoolie

PM Sent re: coming to see the bus, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeger1234@yahoo.com View Post
Great! I’d like to come out and see if this weekend if possible.

photo;460482]Hi Janelle, that’s great, the bus is still for sale. I will be happy to answer any questions. Here is a link to some additional videos that I took for another interested party:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3a7b719r...l_Rg_lVDa?dl=0
[/QUOTE]
Closed Thread

Tags
carpenter, central pa, international, motorhome, short bus