Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2020, 02:36 PM   #1

1992 Wayne International Passenger Window

Looking for anyone out there that might be able to track down a passenger window for a 92 Wayne International school bus. It would be the very front window on the passenger side. It is a little bit smaller than the rest of the passenger windows. If you see one in a junkyard in your part of the country holler at me and I would be glad to pay you for your time. Thanks

theeddyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:54 PM   #2
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Measurements on and pics of your existing one would help, as well as who did the coachwork (Ward, Wayne, Carpenter, Blue Bird, Thomas). The coachwork company generally determines the size of the windows. Location on the bus is sometimes a factor, but it comes down to what the coachwork manufacturer uses. If a suitable replacement cannot be sourced, you might consider removing it and skinning it over with a fill panel.
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:19 PM   #3

Not sure of the measurements because I don't actually have the window. As I said the coachwork is "Wayne". I don't have the window. However, I have attached a photo of what I am looking for.
Attached Thumbnails
62854968272__0603C87A-5109-41C9-95D8-7663A738D388.jpg   IMG_1079.jpg  
Old 12-01-2020, 03:42 PM   #4
Traveling

I presume you mean this one...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Skoolie Temp 3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	51595
I'm confused. You have a picture of it, but you don't have the actual window?
Old 12-01-2020, 04:32 PM   #5

Yes correct. That window. I dont have the window because I am on a work assignment and I am currently out of the state. Therefore, I cant physically go and measure the window because I don't have it in front of me to actually measure.
And like you noted earlier, the coachwork company generally determines the size of the window so that's why I included that in the title and in the body of my post. No need to pick me apart here just trying to find a window.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:35 PM   #6
Traveling

Not picking you apart, just wasn't on the same page. Good luck in finding one, looks pretty hard to find.
Old 12-01-2020, 06:02 PM   #7
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
that narrow window was rare.. ive only ever seen it on a few waynes.. waybne windows typically are noit interchangable with other builders as they mount from the outside..

is yours missing? frame damaged? or just trying to find another one? if the glass is just broken, these windows are pretty easily removed, disassembled anbd a glass shop can make the insrts for them or even set them in the frame. I know of a couple waynes but neither have the narrow window in them..
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 07:21 PM   #8

I haven't been able to find one anywhere. I need one for the other side. It is missing. I was hoping there would be a junker out there someone could take a window off. You are correct, they mount from the outside. Well, the search continues.

Tags
1992, international, wayne, window