Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2018, 10:57 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Post 1996 INTL DT466 Allison 40' Nevada RUNS GREAT

FOR SALE! A BIG ONE! 1996 International chassis with Navistar DT466 (7.6L) diesel engine. Allison transmission. 40' long, 15 window 42 passenger. Pictures coming soon. Easy pick up less than 1 mile off I80 in Northern Nevada 15 miles east of Winnemucca in Golconda. Clean California Title in my name and current CA non-op registration. Starts first time, every time. 78", 6' 6" interior height. I bought this bus in South Lake Tahoe in Nov 2017, but have too many projects to go forward with my plans for it. We drove it the ~ 240 miles home with no issues at all. Since then it has been started and moved locally 2-3 times, that is my entire experience with it. The odometer shows 245,675 miles. It was a fleet vehicle and spent most of its life in South Lake Tahoe transporting tourists, so had professional maintenance. All 42 passenger seats are installed and upholstery is in good condition, the aisle seats have fold up/down arm rests. There are 2 emergency doors (mid and rear), 2 roof hatches, and 6 emergency windows. All glass is intact. Air brakes and air door work. Tires chains included. Links to a much larger picture album and video of it starting and running will be added soon. Asking $6800. Feel free to ask questions or make offers.
The Navistar DT466 engine has an excellent reliability and performance record.

International DT466 Specs & History

cummins vs. dt360/dt466 - School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Attached Thumbnails
SANY0685.jpg   SANY0682.jpg   BusRear.jpg   SANY0686.jpg  

darzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
40 feet, allison, diesel, dt466, international