Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 01:18 AM   #41
Mini-Skoolie

Thank you all so much for your kind word, offers and attempts to help out. I have been working every day trying to get it street legal, lights, bumpers, mirrors, a seat so I would be able to drive it somewhere that last place that was an offer to rent a room and store the bus just changed her mind. About same day I got an offer after Kristopher had to decline due to exorbitant shipping cost which would have cost him more than the bus is worth in its current condition even in my opinion.
Even the asking price was a bit high but for haggling. It was probably on par with the hours spent but I know you never get those hours back. Anyways soon after I had gotten an offer when I lowered the price, it is a young couple that are overly excited to obtain it and were wanting to pick it up the same day but it wasn’t street worthy and me not accept check until they clear posed an issue getting $20k cash out of the bank is like a federal crime or something now.
So we postponed until Monday so I could do more temporary work on it even though they said they would sit on a barrel and drive it back. It just doesn’t sit right with me letting it go knowing all the issues they would have so I got a lot done and more to do if I can get access this weekend or Monday where they want to drive here do a bank transfer load everything in trucks and trailers and bus and head back before 3pm Jay ‘the husband’ seems to be competent in many areas and says it isn’t his first bus so that is comforting.
My luck is if something bad is going to happen it will happen so hopeful it sells without and bad event, I’m out of options and about to douse it in gas and light it up to make the stress go away. At least I’ll have room and board and 3 squares a day in the county jail, I feel like I have been in prison anyway for the last 12 years dealing with chronic health issues
I hope is sells, its almost a feeling a relief even though it makes me sick from all the work I put in over the last 4 or so years even working on Christmas days only taking days off when migraines were to bad to think straight. I have had remarkable improvements the last month or so though, less pain and fatigue.
My plan if it sell is to go to the coast and stay with my mom which I have neglected over the last dozen or so years and only visited a hand full of times. I plan on helping her, fix wat need be fixed take a break from life for a bit to regroup and figure out what to do with the money, probably see a real doctor since I will be able to afford one and that will consume a lot of it..
My mom is retired but does gardening/ land maintenance for side income so I’ll help her out doing whatever, help support her etc. I really want to move to Central America but don’t know where, maybe buy and old sailboat (water bus) to live on. I just don’t know accept I don’t want to be in the Sac. valley any more.
Currently dealing with the landlord pulling the, I need a 60 day notice if you want your deposit so that has been an added stress because I thought it was 30 days when planning my getaway. The conversations wasn’t a pleasant one but “covid” was brought up and how evections are not currently on the roster for the county and living rent free for some time is an option like so many people are apparently doing.
Anyways he seems to be willing to amend the contract to say 30 days now so I can be out by the need of the month and hopefully not lose my $1k deposit for this dump of course I will fully clean it as I always do. But who knows he will probably find a reason to steel my deposit like the rest of the slumlords in this area.

I just can’t take any more stress, I see why people snap so lets hope the bus sells on Monday.
Maybe I can start posting the terabyte’s of video and pictures I have amassed over the years in a few months to help people out or give them ideas like using e-track in buses.

Thanks again and please keep your fingers crossed for Monday

Old 08-08-2020, 01:26 AM   #42
Mini-Skoolie

Its ugly now

Old 08-08-2020, 02:21 AM   #43
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2009
Engine: 7.6L DT466 International
Rated Cap: 44
Fingers crossed mate you can offload on Monday! I would of been stoked if you got to keep it some way but it was not to be.

I am looking at another bus next to the port on the East coast. Nothing like what you had on offer but I'm not scared of a bit of extra work......already buying grinding wheels!
Old 08-12-2020, 11:22 AM   #44

Did you sell it?
Old 10-22-2020, 06:22 PM   #45

Update

Have you sold your rig yet???
Old 10-25-2020, 09:22 PM   #46

You still need help?

Are you still looking for a place to store work on it?
Old 09-14-2021, 04:02 PM   #47
Almost There

Whatever happened to this bus and David?
How do I private message?
Old 09-14-2021, 04:40 PM   #48
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwest364 View Post
Whatever happened to this bus and David?
How do I private message?
Click on their name on the left.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:33 PM   #49
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: 44' Newell Coach
Engine: 8v92T Detroit
Rated Cap: 2 adults and two pigeons
The bus sold for almost pennies on the dollar. A young woman bought it from what I last read on FB. Felt bad for the seller. Buyer was very defensive on answering questions from what I remember.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:22 AM   #50
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 8.3 Cummins ISC
Rated Cap: 75
Do people ever check on the post dates before asking if a bus is still for sale?

I remember seeing this back when OP first started on it. Cool project and I'm sad we didn't get to see it through to completion (unless the new owner shows up on here).
Old 02-21-2023, 06:24 PM   #51

I notice this is a very old thread but I am hoping to make contact with you. I also suffer from chronic Lyme disease, and have a lot in common. Have you found work? Are you doing any better? I reside in Central Texas and would love to connect with you and possibly offer you a job. Call or text me at [redacted by moderator]
Old 02-22-2023, 11:36 PM   #52
Site Team

Leviathan: try a private message…
Closed Thread

Tags
bus, conversion for sale, for sale, motor coach