Thank you all so much for your kind word, offers and attempts to help out. I have been working every day trying to get it street legal, lights, bumpers, mirrors, a seat so I would be able to drive it somewhere that last place that was an offer to rent a room and store the bus just changed her mind. About same day I got an offer after Kristopher had to decline due to exorbitant shipping cost which would have cost him more than the bus is worth in its current condition even in my opinion.
Even the asking price was a bit high but for haggling. It was probably on par with the hours spent but I know you never get those hours back. Anyways soon after I had gotten an offer when I lowered the price, it is a young couple that are overly excited to obtain it and were wanting to pick it up the same day but it wasnít street worthy and me not accept check until they clear posed an issue getting $20k cash out of the bank is like a federal crime or something now.
So we postponed until Monday so I could do more temporary work on it even though they said they would sit on a barrel and drive it back. It just doesnít sit right with me letting it go knowing all the issues they would have so I got a lot done and more to do if I can get access this weekend or Monday where they want to drive here do a bank transfer load everything in trucks and trailers and bus and head back before 3pm Jay Ďthe husbandí seems to be competent in many areas and says it isnít his first bus so that is comforting.
My luck is if something bad is going to happen it will happen so hopeful it sells without and bad event, Iím out of options and about to douse it in gas and light it up to make the stress go away. At least Iíll have room and board and 3 squares a day in the county jail, I feel like I have been in prison anyway for the last 12 years dealing with chronic health issues
I hope is sells, its almost a feeling a relief even though it makes me sick from all the work I put in over the last 4 or so years even working on Christmas days only taking days off when migraines were to bad to think straight. I have had remarkable improvements the last month or so though, less pain and fatigue.
My plan if it sell is to go to the coast and stay with my mom which I have neglected over the last dozen or so years and only visited a hand full of times. I plan on helping her, fix wat need be fixed take a break from life for a bit to regroup and figure out what to do with the money, probably see a real doctor since I will be able to afford one and that will consume a lot of it..
My mom is retired but does gardening/ land maintenance for side income so Iíll help her out doing whatever, help support her etc. I really want to move to Central America but donít know where, maybe buy and old sailboat (water bus) to live on. I just donít know accept I donít want to be in the Sac. valley any more.
Currently dealing with the landlord pulling the, I need a 60 day notice if you want your deposit so that has been an added stress because I thought it was 30 days when planning my getaway. The conversations wasnít a pleasant one but ďcovidĒ was brought up and how evections are not currently on the roster for the county and living rent free for some time is an option like so many people are apparently doing.
Anyways he seems to be willing to amend the contract to say 30 days now so I can be out by the need of the month and hopefully not lose my $1k deposit for this dump of course I will fully clean it as I always do. But who knows he will probably find a reason to steel my deposit like the rest of the slumlords in this area.
I just canít take any more stress, I see why people snap so lets hope the bus sells on Monday.
Maybe I can start posting the terabyteís of video and pictures I have amassed over the years in a few months to help people out or give them ideas like using e-track in buses.
Thanks again and please keep your fingers crossed for Monday