Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2018, 09:08 AM   #1

1998 Thomas built t444e conversion

Up for sale is our RV school bus VIN 1HVBBABP2WH565020. We have spent the last year remolding our skoolie and it is almost there. I am selling due to financial restrictions. It is a 1998 Thomas Built School Bus to RV conversion. Hundreds of hours have been put into it to make it our home and still needs some work. Comes with 2 brand new batteries bought in the last 3 days so has a 1 year warranty. 2 brand new steer tires ($500) for the set. 1 of which is on the other planning to put on once the weather breaks. It has 250,000 miles on and runs grate. Bought in Baltimore and drove to CO the same week. Drove from CO back to WV where the bus was parked while we worked on the interior. We just drove from WV through the mountains in PA to North Attleboro, Ma. The inside has been gutted and stripped and painted with Rust-Oleum enamel. Walls are insulated with 2x4s and r13 insulation. The floor has rigid foam .5" inch insulation and finished over with a Tavern oak lock together flooring(1.50/SQ ft) and t1-11 siding for the walls painted a cheery green. Everything was hand built and needs the finishing touches. Comes with a potbelly coal/wood stove and a propane 3 burner and oven stove. Starts and drives grate with the automatic transmission. There are 2 cons. 1 I believe the alterantor needs replacing or there is a pull from somewhere due to the age. 2 the oil cooler pump has a leak when it is cold but once warm does grate which I have come to believe is the seal and a known problem in the t444e but very easy to replace ( drain oil and undo 2 bolts swap seal $22). It is on a 3800 international chasis. This was our dream and unfortunately not feasible for us to complete anymore. Pictures show where it started and where it's at. Any questions just let me know. I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting. Might possibly trade for a suv. Clean title in hand, has West Virginia plates currently. Asking 4500 which is way less than what we got into it. Feel free to ask any questions. Phone number is 5089541628 and would love to talk to you.
Attached Thumbnails
35292.jpg   35283.jpg   35294.jpg   35308.jpg   35311.jpg  

35309.jpeg   35296.jpg  

Mcurren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:41 PM   #2
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
fixed wall of text.

Up for sale is our RV school bus
VIN 1HVBBABP2WH565020

We have spent the last year remolding our skoolie and it is almost there. I am selling due to financial restrictions.

It is a 1998 Thomas Built School Bus to RV conversion. Hundreds of hours have been put into it to make it our home and still needs some work. Comes with 2 brand new batteries bought in the last 3 days so has a 1 year warranty. 2 brand new steer tires ($500) for the set. 1 of which is on the other planning to put on once the weather breaks.

It has 250,000 miles on and runs grate. Bought in Baltimore and drove to CO the same week. Drove from CO back to WV where the bus was parked while we worked on the interior. We just drove from WV through the mountains in PA to North Attleboro, Ma.

The inside has been gutted and stripped and painted with Rust-Oleum enamel. Walls are insulated with 2x4s and r13 insulation. The floor has rigid foam .5" inch insulation and finished over with a Tavern oak lock together flooring(1.50/SQ ft) and t1-11 siding for the walls painted a cheery green. Everything was hand built and needs the finishing touches.

Comes with a potbelly coal/wood stove and a propane 3 burner and oven stove.

Starts and drives grate with the automatic transmission. There are 2 cons. 1 I believe the alternator needs replacing or there is a pull from somewhere due to the age. 2 the oil cooler pump has a leak when it is cold but once warm does grate which I have come to believe is the seal and a known problem in the t444e but very easy to replace ( drain oil and undo 2 bolts swap seal $22). It is on a 3800 international chassis.

This was our dream and unfortunately not feasible for us to complete anymore. Pictures show where it started and where it's at. Any questions just let me know. I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting. Might possibly trade for a suv. Clean title in hand, has West Virginia plates currently. Asking 4500 which is way less than what we got into it. Feel free to ask any questions.

Phone number is 5089541628 and would love to talk to you.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:26 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Up for sale is our RV school bus
VIN 1HVBBABP2WH565020

We have spent the last year remolding our skoolie and it is almost there. I am selling due to financial restrictions.

It is a 1998 Thomas Built School Bus to RV conversion. Hundreds of hours have been put into it to make it our home and still needs some work. Comes with 2 brand new batteries bought in the last 3 days so has a 1 year warranty. 2 brand new steer tires ($500) for the set. 1 of which is on the other planning to put on once the weather breaks.

It has 250,000 miles on and runs grate. Bought in Baltimore and drove to CO the same week. Drove from CO back to WV where the bus was parked while we worked on the interior. We just drove from WV through the mountains in PA to North Attleboro, Ma.

The inside has been gutted and stripped and painted with Rust-Oleum enamel. Walls are insulated with 2x4s and r13 insulation. The floor has rigid foam .5" inch insulation and finished over with a Tavern oak lock together flooring(1.50/SQ ft) and t1-11 siding for the walls painted a cheery green. Everything was hand built and needs the finishing touches.

Comes with a potbelly coal/wood stove and a propane 3 burner and oven stove.

Starts and drives grate with the automatic transmission. There are 2 cons. 1 I believe the alternator needs replacing or there is a pull from somewhere due to the age. 2 the oil cooler pump has a leak when it is cold but once warm does grate which I have come to believe is the seal and a known problem in the t444e but very easy to replace ( drain oil and undo 2 bolts swap seal $22). It is on a 3800 international chassis.

This was our dream and unfortunately not feasible for us to complete anymore. Pictures show where it started and where it's at. Any questions just let me know. I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting. Might possibly trade for a suv. Clean title in hand, has West Virginia plates currently. Asking 4500 which is way less than what we got into it. Feel free to ask any questions.

Phone number is 5089541628 and would love to talk to you.
You have one just like Mcurren, that's amazing.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote