Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2018, 11:39 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: International Amtran
Chassis: RE
Engine: T444E 7.3L
1999 International Amtran 3000RE For Sale

Sadly, life circumstances force a sale of our beloved bus...

1999 International Amtran 3000 RE (rear engine) mostly converted

Titled as RV.

Kitchen with sink, cabinets and countertop with breakfast bar.
Comes with a Cascade cooler (Yeti comparable) with chop block lid and a small electric fridge for when you run on shore power.

Front couch with memory foam mattress doubles as secondary sleeping area. Loveseat. Storage shelves and desk area.

Bathroom includes custom made seat with composting bucket toilet, closet area and room for a vanity or small sink/counter (we haven't needed one, but were planning on Ikea model if we did.)

Rear bed area is set up for a family with two small kids. The side bunks can be removed to make room for a bathtub or second closet area. King size bed frame with lots of storage underneath! Rear engine cover makes for an awesome reading nook!

She has electrical wiring for 5 110v 20 Amp outlets with GFCI protection. Very basic, but it runs kitchen appliances, fridge, window A/C (included), lights and charging of devices with no issues. No plumbing as of yet besides a basic grey water tank under sink (may install plumbing for new owner if price is right)

Tinted windows. One door window pane is cracked. We got a quote from a glass place to replace it for $79, but haven't had time to take it down for the replacement.

Now for the good stuff:

Fresh T444E (International 7.3) Diesel engine 10,000 miles ago
  • Rebuilt 210 HP block with all new gaskets
  • ARP head studs
  • New upgraded turbo pedestal
  • Brand new intercooler (charge air cooler)
  • Freshly cleaned and tested radiator
  • New fuel pump with upgraded 72PSI regulator
  • Water pump
  • Rebuilt HPOP (high pressure oil pump) with new heavy duty high pressure oil hoses
  • Heavy duty alternator.
It has a very small oil leak from the dipstick filler tube which I may or may not have fixed before sale. Its an easy fix and will provide youtube link to new buyer if I don't get a chance to get it done.

The Allison 545 4 speed automatic transmission was rebuilt a month before it was pulled from service with records. I've been running high end synthetic fluid with fresh filters in and out every 3500 miles. It does not overheat, slip or flare. I consistently check fluid and housing temp while driving.

Other new stuff:
New air brake shoes, fresh axle lube, new gauge cluster with warranty, new steer tires, excellent drive tires with knee deep rubber!

Custom tow hitch.

I've consistently clocked 9MPG towing a 3500lb car and 11MPG loaded, but not towing.

We love this bus and have put a LOT in to making her road and live worthy. Our lives are going a different direction and sadly we no longer have room for her.

She is currently parked in Tucson, AZ on a lovely 1 acre lot that could possibly be rented as well. Full utilities available including Comcast service.
Attached Thumbnails
GOPR1906 (2).jpg   GOPR1907.jpg   GOPR1796.jpg   GOPR1802.jpg   GOPR1808.jpg  

GOPR1794.jpg   GOPR1892 (1).jpg  

joonthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:22 PM   #2

Very nice looking bus, how much are you asking?
DRS244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:09 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

We are asking $12,000
Old 11-15-2018, 03:58 PM   #4

Is it still available?
julienroulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:07 AM   #5

Hi, Can you tell me about the insulation, and am I to understand you have shore power only? Or.....

Thanks so much.
K
krisfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:18 PM   #6

Still available?
Audiblera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:23 PM   #7

If this is still available I would be interested. My contact is karacoffman@gmail.com if it is. Thanks
kcoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:58 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

I can't figure out how to delete this post, but the bus has been sold. Sorry folks.