Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #1

2 skoolie-limo style buses for sale in Wi.

HI, I have been a bus nut for years, I owned a 1962 GMC 4106 for quite a while before the maintenance got to be too much.

Anyway, I have decided to do another conversion, but a more sensible one this time. I decided on an airport limo style, and guess what, instead of buying one bus, I bought three. Now I have two of them for sale. (bang head against wall)

Anyway, to the point, all three of them are 2011 E450 van cutaway style with V10 gas motors. Two have about 140,000 miles, one has about 170,000 miles. All three were just taken out of service in the last couple month's so they are ready to go. We drove all three 6 hours back to Wisconsin, and had zero problems with any of them. It really does not matter what two I sell as all three run great and have good tires, good exhaust, handle like they should, and ride great. There is no rot on them. (just minor surface rust)

upload images to share

If interested in more pictures check out the craigslist ad at:
https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/rvs...002840320.html

Thanks, Jim
2six2-441O333

jim53066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:07 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Those shuttles look like they have potential!
If you haven't sold them before serious snow falls, make sure to occasionally clear the snow load off their roof(s).

Ask me how I know!?
Good luck on your sales...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:38 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
It sure helps interest if we knew what you were wanting for them.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:57 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC/AMTRANS RE
Engine: T444E 7.3 w/ MD3060
Rated Cap: 36000lbs / 78pass / 39'
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
It sure helps interest if we knew what you were wanting for them.
I looked at the CL link

"$6,900 OBO
I will not negotiate over the phone, come look at them and then we can talk."

But yeah it's always best to post a price with any for sale ad....
If you would like to check out my website that has all sort of information especially for the T444E/7.3PSD engines check out www.PatrickTheSalvageGuy.com I've got helpful downloads and articles as well as a link to my YT for other how to videos mainly on the F series trucks.
PatrickBaptist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:17 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickBaptist View Post
"I will not negotiate over the phone, come look at them and then we can talk."...
^...This exact wording is in every negotiable ad I place on C/L.
Still get the occasional stray half price lowball offer that I never answer...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:45 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteg59 View Post
I was actually thinking about this today. Guy wants to know if there is any wiggle room in the price on the bike. I tell them there is no wiggle room on the internet because you are telling me it's not worth my asking price to you. So, No, there is no wiggle room. Now, if you think it's worth it, but you want to haggle, show up and wave cash in my face. Then we can wiggle, and maybe I'll budge. I'm not interested in anyone who doesn't want to look at the actual item. if not, everything changes when and if they show up.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:50 PM   #7
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
well...

advertising something on the internet means you may attrsact long distance buyers.. you may think its cool to not negotiate on the phone.. however why would I want to travel 400, 500 miles or more only to find that you wont haggle.. now you have me somewhat over a barrel because ive just driven 400 miles..

I want to know what im going to pay before i drive many miles... if im wirthin a couple hours you bet im goingto want to go look at the item in person and its no bug deal if it doesnt work out...
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:59 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
well...

advertising something on the internet means you may attrsact long distance buyers.. you may think its cool to not negotiate on the phone.. however why would I want to travel 400, 500 miles or more only to find that you wont haggle.. now you have me somewhat over a barrel because ive just driven 400 miles..

I want to know what im going to pay before i drive many miles... if im wirthin a couple hours you bet im goingto want to go look at the item in person and its no bug deal if it doesnt work out...
Negotiating on the phone over an item that you can't see means nothing. No matter what deal you make on the phone, when the buyer shows up, he now knows you'll come down. Guaranteed they try and get you lower. I've listed my bike at 20-25% below market, if that doesn't interest you, then you're a tire kicker.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:09 PM   #9
Bus Geek

when i bought my Superior I neogitated the price over the phone with a video and about 50 pics... sent the money the deal was sealed, then I flew out and got it.. i wasnt about to fly to portland oregon not knowing....
Old 11-04-2019, 08:55 PM   #10

My bad

Sorry folks, I did forget to mention the $6,900 OBO price.

To those that feel that my statement about not negotiating over the phone is not the correct way to sell something, I happen to disagree.

Every time I have listed something on craigslist, I get several callers that call and offer half of what I am asking, this eliminates some of this.

Besides, if I get someone from out of town that calls, seems like an intelligent person, asks pertinent questions, YES I would talk price over the phone with them, and go out of my way to make the sale.

Same goes for my line in the ad that states NO TEXTS, I have gotten close to 12-15 texts about these shuttles since listed, all ignored. Am I missing a potential buyers? Possibly, (most likely scammers) I will never know, but what I do know is that I hate texting, I prefer face to face, and when not available, person to person conversations. Texting does not allow you to read emotion, excitement, or form an opinion as to how serious the buyer is.

Thanks, Jim
Old 11-05-2019, 05:40 AM   #11
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim53066 View Post

To those that feel that my statement about not negotiating over the phone is not the correct way to sell something, I happen to disagree.

Every time I have listed something on craigslist, I get several callers that call and offer half of what I am asking, this eliminates some of this.

Besides, if I get someone from out of town that calls, seems like an intelligent person, asks pertinent questions, YES I would talk price over the phone with them, and go out of my way to make the sale.

Same goes for my line in the ad that states NO TEXTS, I have gotten close to 12-15 texts about these shuttles since listed, all ignored. Am I missing a potential buyers? Possibly, (most likely scammers) I will never know, but what I do know is that I hate texting, I prefer face to face, and when not available, person to person conversations. Texting does not allow you to read emotion, excitement, or form an opinion as to how serious the buyer is.

Thanks, Jim

the Texts I always use as a conversatio nstarter then switch directly to voice phone unless its an actual legit car dealer.. only because ive had car dealers promise the world and then you show up and the papers in front of you are all different.. so when i llease my cars its text and email for the important stuff so whe ni show up i have it written..

I gavent had sucn the issues with individuals and it is MUCH easier to talk back and forth over a phone than it is on a text.. when im selling something and someone texts I may answer the initial questions then ill repond with "call me" and put the number in for them.. when the buyer is legit my phone rings.. if they arent, it usually doesnt.. I'll get texts back like "do you take payments?" thats the biggest one I get..

Sure I'll take payments.. One.. from you or Verified funds.. if its not cash I verify the funds before I hand over the keys if its a vehicle..

my personal preference is also to meet with a seller however ive bought and sold lots of stuff with the internet and the first and only time I meet is after ive figured out the deal is legit.. you can figure out who the tire kickers are and who the legit interests are..
Old 11-05-2019, 05:52 AM   #12
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim53066 View Post

Thanks, Jim
I get the same trying to sell stuff. Folks just play games.
But when I was recently car shopping I had to get a ride to any prospective purchase and no one would talk price. It was tough. First seller said "come see the car and negotiate". It was a two hour drive to see the car and it wasn't as nice as he thought in his listing. I made an offer only to find out they weren't coming off the price at all. What a waste of time.
The next seller was more reasonable and we bought the car from them for what I offered them.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:04 AM   #13
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteg59 View Post
Yeah I'm guilty of being one of those low ballers hehehe. Except I will actually show up unlike alot that just have nothing else to do in life but annoy others with offers they have no money for....
I deal in scraping out junk so that's why I shoot out low ball offers, but I'm polite about it too. You just never know what will happen, I've gotten some dandy deals by doing that.
If you would like to check out my website that has all sort of information especially for the T444E/7.3PSD engines check out www.PatrickTheSalvageGuy.com I've got helpful downloads and articles as well as a link to my YT for other how to videos mainly on the F series trucks.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:11 AM   #14
Bus Nut

Quote:
well...

I couldn't agree more with you Christopher. Been dealing for years on CL, what does chap my anus is when people ask for a lower price, I always tell them "price is posted, if you want to make an offer, by all means you are free to do so". Then when they are in person I won't take any other offer after that, we have an agreement in writing about the price but they are always free to walk away.

I've found people that use more than one number to pester you pretending to be more than one person trying to drive down the price hoping you will tell fake person "b, c, d, z" something else.

Same as you I just tell a seller "I have x amount to spend and I don't have anymore and I wanted to see if there is a possibility to work something out before I was either of our time".
If the person doesn't like that then I know it's someone I wouldn't want to do business with anyways.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:24 AM   #15
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
when it gets down to the nitty-gritty, and dealing with someone at a distance, I want it all in emails so I can file what's been said and agreed upon - I deal with dozens of people every day, most of them wanting me to solve problems they most likely created themselves - I can't possibly remember what was said on the phone - with emails it's easy to refer back to them to make sure we are fulfilling our end of the deal, and no problems collecting when the task has been completed
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:02 PM   #16
Bus Geek

What I'm getting lately is everyone wants a "vehicle report". I tell them the VIN is listed, feel free in purchasing a report.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:59 AM   #17
Almost There

Location: The tops of mountains, the bottoms of valleys, and everywhere in between.
Year: 1996
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: international
Engine: T444E
Quote:
well...

Wow... that’s a big barrel. What do you put in that thing?
HenrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:44 AM   #18
Bus Geek

I would hate to negotiate a lower price over the phone only to have the buyer show up and go "Holy Shite, that's twice the vehicle you advertised and I would have paid more."
The bus I just sold, the buyer siad he was looking for a $3k bus, but realized right away this one was not a $3k bus and came up $1000. I only let potential buyers know that "Cash talks, show up and flash some in my face and we'll deal.
I wanted $4200 for the bus, advertised at $4495. I would not have told the buyer I would take $4k over the phone. His visit and cash sealed the deal.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:38 PM   #19

Only one bus left, the last one sold went to Arizona and made the trip with no issues.

Jim 2six2.441.O333