2001 international school bus conversion - $34,000 (Indianapolis, Indiana)
2001 International FE 3900 School bus conversion, 40' Built for 2 people but could house more beds with modifications.
• Roughly 183,000 on a DT466 with a Allison MD3060, recent full oil service including all belts, filters and complete safety checkup at International dealer.
• New Bridgestone tires
• 30" screened full relight RV door with lock that functions 3 ways, keypad, key or remote.
The bus layout from front to back is as follows.
• 2 new Flex steel chairs with heated seats that can swivel and use the countertops as workspaces when not mobile.
• Cockpit features charging bank with USB, cigarette lighter port and battery condition readout, Heated mirrors and all the necessary switches.
• A combined total of 11' of countertop, 33"x22" deep sink, pull out spray faucet, soft close doors, 21" stainless steel Dometic 3 burner oven combo, 20" range vent ducted to the outside with locking damper, Novakool model 3802 dc fridge that runs off 6 100 watt solar panels and a Goalzero Yeti 3000, 24"x24" fixed skylight above fridge and sink.
• Full size bed on passenger side with TempurPedic Full size bed. Electric outlet, shelf and underneath bed are 5 drawers and storage.
• Very nice 36" shower with glass door mounted almost center of bus with 24"x 24" skylight. Built in AC unit and shelving with safe next to shower area (drivers’ side). Next to the shower (passenger side) is a Separett Villa urine diverting toilet with built in cabinetry behind composting toilet. In front of the toilet and shower there is a built-in laundry hamper, 110 recessed box heater, full length mirror and 3 coat hooks.
• The ceiling is 6'5", all T&G Cedar, backed by 1 1/2" closed cell insulation and there are 9 led puck lights controlled in groups by 3 switches.
• Commercial carpet squares start from the front and end just before the bathroom to meet 12" x 24" ceramic tile.
• RV windows with roller shades and custom valances.
• The last 13' of bus is garage and can only be accessed from rear door unless you take out storage on rt or left of shower. It currently works great as storage and / or workshop and has lots of potential.
• On the driver’s side, at rear of bus garage there is a 24"x24"access / ventilation door for the AC unit. Inside the garage area is an EZ202 on demand water heater vented to the outside. On passenger side of storage area is a 30amp/12v distribution panel with 45 amp converter, GOALZERO Yeti 3000. About 6X6 feet of open storage and 2 X 30# propane tanks with auto switchover valve. This space could be redesigned to accommodate child's room later if so desired.
Outside features LED headlights, 24" belley box, 2 hose connections for shower and sink waste, cable tv connection, locking fresh water box with gravity fill and street connection, 30 amp shore power connection, locking duct vent, class 4-5 hitch with tow vehicle air and light connection.
Roof has from front- Maxxair fan, 24"x24" skylight x 2, 2 100w solar panels, Emergency exit, water heater duct cap, finally 4 more 100w solar panels.
All original windows were removed and replaced with galvanized sheeting and RV windows. The black paint is in good condition, the roof was painted with white TropiCool.
The previous owner totally gutted thes bus and there was no rusty holes just normal surface rust after pulling plywood up. The skoolie was rust treated, primed and painted.
All materials purchased in 2017-18 and been in use for approximately 12 months. Smoke and pet free home.
I am the second owner who drove it back from Washington State to Indiana with no issues whatsoever. The original conversion was done by a very skilled artisan out of Seattle area. I need to travel overseas for a family emergency family and cannot hold onto the bus.
Go to Facebook and search Matilda The School Bus @schoolie01 to see more.