Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2021, 11:35 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I bought mine when the "gettin was good".
Anyone buying in THIS market will be doing well to find a really nice bus for anything less than five grand or so.

EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:42 AM   #22
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I bought mine when the "gettin was good".
Anyone buying in THIS market will be doing well to find a really nice bus for anything less than five grand or so.
I would look into BGA and who actually runs things there before I would deal with them... Just saying...

Search - BGA School Buses Greg Archambault

Pretty sure this is the same guy that screwed a former member here back in the day and made excuses instead of standing behind it. Sorry for the hijack, OP, just pointing out that justifying these outrageous prices is in and of itself questionable.
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 01:15 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I don't think you understand me. I'm not AT ALL endorsing BGA.
Using them as an example of why buses like this are a relative bargain.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:51 PM   #24
Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International S1853
Engine: International DT360 5.9ltr Spicer 5 speed
Rated Cap: #26,500
This bus has never been driven in snow/salt. I'll get underside pics. If you are scared of a low mile Allison trans that's fine. It's not any more of a time bomb than a high mile one and this bus has zero rust and doesn't have a million miles on any of the other components. I'm not a flipper in any way besides getting the chance to buy this bus before it went to someone else who would do the same. Give a reason why a 12,000 mile trans would have issues if you want to make it out to be a serious problem. These busses were built for this type of service so there's no reason for it to be an issue. You can buy ANY used vehicle in any condition from anyone and it may break 5 feet out of the lot. If you want a guarantee go pay 150,000 for a new one. You pay a premium for a good used bus to reduce the possible issues. This bus is as good as I've seen. It's never sat in a yard for years at a time being picked at and cobbled back together. Until March it never sat at all. How much will you pay for an engine swap when the 2000,000 mile t444e lets go? A lot. This has a basically brand new engine. If you want to bash some completely unknown to me and unrelated bus flipping company do it elsewhere please.
rwd4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 04:01 PM   #25
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE_WAGON View Post
No offense, but what do you say to someone who pays $10k for such a bus and gets stuck with a massive trans failure and a $3000-$5000+ transmission replacement within six months, or worse, on the way home (accompanied by a $1500-$2000 tow bill?) "Sorry, my bad"? For $10k, where's the warranty? You can't possibly justify a $10k asking price with no guarantees of safety or mechanical soundness.

Sorry, ECCB, but if you're okay with that situation, you're no better than the seller in my above example. I don't care what state it's in, what color it is, the transmission in this bus is and will always be a 2000-lb question mark until it is rebuilt. Remember vanguy, ECCB? Not sure what he paid for that bus, but the trans failed on the way home and the seller did nothing but make excuses, even fabricating values for the bus' purported value in parts. And I remember well that you were one of several (myself included) who called them out. What's different now? Statistics and evidence point to a potential for the same to happen here.

This is exactly what I am talking about. Enabling flippers who offer nothing by justifying high prices without question. Just because someone says something is worth X amount, doesn't necessarily make it so. I stand by my statements. Stop paying outrageous prices and keep that money in your pocket by bidding a little more on auction items, you won't be missing out on anything.

Even if the flippers outbid you and you don't get the bus, the flippers will have to step up their game by either fixing things, offering some type of warranty or adjusting their prices after an auction-fresh $2000 bus sits on their lot for 18 months listed at $8500. That is, if people start waking up and stop slurping up the typical line of utter bullsh*t excuses uttered by such flippers and paying these outrageous prices with no warranty or reconditioning.
I'd say I'm really sorry, that sucks, I did all due diligence to say it's probably going to be fine but nothing is guaranteed. Enjoy your brand new 19 year old 12,000 mile bus with a fresh trans for 13-15,000. 0r 10,000-13,000 if you get it here for $7,000. [emoji16]
Old 02-06-2021, 01:24 AM   #26
Skoolie

The bus is mine! It's not home yet, we got a bunch of snow and I don't want to park it on a sheet of Ice in my lot. I ran it for about 45 minutes Thursday. Checked everthing over. All heat works ac seems to blow cold in the warm bus. Air system pumps right up and doesn't seem to leak down at all. Only thing I've found to not work so far is the passenger power mirror. The switch is a little messed up. Electronic throttle/idle up system works perfectly. They say there are service records for sure. Just have to find the older ones. They say it was always serviced by wolfington in its earlier years.
Old 02-06-2021, 01:29 AM   #27
Bus Crazy

Year: 2007
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: C7 Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd4evr View Post
The bus is mine! It's not home yet, we got a bunch of snow and I don't want to park it on a sheet of Ice in my lot. I ran it for about 45 minutes Thursday. Checked everthing over. All heat works ac seems to blow cold in the warm bus. Air system pumps right up and doesn't seem to leak down at all. Only thing I've found to not work so far is the passenger power mirror. The switch is a little messed up. Electronic throttle/idle up system works perfectly. They say there are service records for sure. Just have to find the older ones. They say it was always serviced by wolfington in its earlier years.
Congrats on the buy, good looking bus and a good deal for you.
Use it or sell it and it's likely someone's getting a good bus.
Cheers

Oscar
Oscar1 is offline   Reply With Quote