Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2020, 04:08 PM   #1

2004 E450 Handicapped bus for Sale

I bought a 2004 e450 school bus to convert. Life happens and the conversion didn't. I'm looking to sell it now. Please see pictures.
Has new tires all the way around, 135k on 6.0 diesel. hood is plastidipped so it will peel off. Have all the seats. Seats are adjustable since they are on tracks for wheel chairs, can also use the tracks for strapping down cargo. spare tire, small over head shelf. RV ca in roof with 30amp plug in the rear of bus for a generator or shore power. Hydraulic lift is perfect working order. 1200 lb lift capacity. I have way more invested in the bus, but Would like to get 7500.

Receiver hitches in both front and rear for coolers, or towing.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-5295.jpg   IMG-5294.jpg   IMG-5293.jpg   IMG-5292.jpg   IMG-5291.jpg  

Brandonmnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:50 PM   #2

Oh I totally get it. And would normally agree and struggled with the 6.0 myself. This one has been bulletproffed and has the EGR bypass, not a complete delete so IF you go to places like CA, since it throws no codes you'll be good because the physical piping is still there.

Yes the upgrades are minimal, however this isn't something that is difficult to do if the new owner wants to go a different route. I've had the bus for a while and gone on a few trips with it like it is, and really enjoyed it, however it wasn't for wife and kids. Eitherway, I will entertain all offers, but I don't want to give away a nice, clean, vehicle that has been bulletproofed.

Here a few more pictures if you'd like to look.

BTW I appreciate all your input and anymore direction you provide will be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-5291.jpg   IMG-5292.jpg   IMG-5293.jpg   IMG-5294.jpg   IMG-5295.jpg  

IMG-5299.jpg   IMG-5301.jpg   IMG-5304.jpg  
Old 07-01-2020, 11:49 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

When you say bulletproofed, are you talking about a full bullet proof kit?

Eg, new head gasket, new head studs, new oil cooler, new egr cooler, new intake gaskets, new turbo hardware?

Just partially deleting the egr, does not bulletproof a 6.0
ttee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttee View Post
When you say bulletproofed, are you talking about a full bullet proof kit?

Eg, new head gasket, new head studs, new oil cooler, new egr cooler, new intake gaskets, new turbo hardware?

Just partially deleting the egr, does not bulletproof a 6.0
Firstly, I should say this motor didn't not have an EGR failure., so no need to do radiator clean out from oil contamination. However, New head gaskets and studs, intake, turbo was taken off to do the work, so it has new hardware, but not a new turbo, or rebuilt. The EGR is blocked off however the piping is still there to visually appear to have a working system for emission regulation purposes. No codes are being thrown (no SES light) and a new 53v FICM to eliminate low voltage issues.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:51 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonmnz View Post
Firstly, I should say this motor didn't not have an EGR failure., so no need to do radiator clean out from oil contamination. However, New head gaskets and studs, intake, turbo was taken off to do the work, so it has new hardware, but not a new turbo, or rebuilt. The EGR is blocked off however the piping is still there to visually appear to have a working system for emission regulation purposes. No codes are being thrown (no SES light) and a new 53v FICM to eliminate low voltage issues.
The upgraded oil cooler is to prevent head gasket and injector failure.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:57 PM   #6

Quote:
The upgraded oil cooler is to prevent head gasket and injector failure.

Head studs eliminate the torque to yield bold stretch under boost condition too...
Old 07-01-2020, 02:38 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Head studs eliminate the torque to yield bold stretch under boost condition too...
But when the oil is overheated and it leads to a failed headgasket, its not really bullet proofed is it?

https://www.dieselworldmag.com/ford/...ke-oil-cooler/

Replacing the injectors on the 6.0L is a costly job, with a stock oilcooler the 6.0L is a bomb waiting to go off
Old 07-01-2020, 02:55 PM   #8

Quote:
But when the oil is overheated and it leads to a failed headgasket, its not really bullet proofed is it?

https://www.dieselworldmag.com/ford/...ke-oil-cooler/

Replacing the injectors on the 6.0L is a costly job, with a stock oilcooler the 6.0L is a bomb waiting to go off
you are correct, however if the EGR is blocked, then you don't have super heated oil blowing up the EGR cooler, which does screwup injectors as well as other things. I'm also running 6.0 coolant filter.

Im starting to get the feeling you must have slipped on PMs or didn't EGR delete soon enough. Had a failure and now like to point out a well known flaw that has been corrected in the aftermarket. the ford 6.0 is not the only engine that was released with issues. Chevy did a corvair once. Pontiac did a Fiero. Maybe you just not a ford guy. IDK.

I do appreciate you asking those questions, it reminds me of all the things I did 4 years ago. ...

All your hating on the 6.0 isn't going to drive the price down to free.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:06 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

Good point, sounds like a new oil cooler isn't necessary.

Thankfully I don't have a 6.0L ford and bullet proofing one sounds like a nightmare.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:20 PM   #10

Fuse pannel

Quote:
I bought a 2004 e450 school bus to convert. Life happens and the conversion didn't. I'm looking to sell it now. Please see pictures.
Has new tires all the way around, 135k on 6.0 diesel. hood is plastidipped so it will peel off. Have all the seats. Seats are adjustable since they are on tracks for wheel chairs, can also use the tracks for strapping down cargo. spare tire, small over head shelf. RV ca in roof with 30amp plug in the rear of bus for a generator or shore power. Hydraulic lift is perfect working order. 1200 lb lift capacity. I have way more invested in the bus, but Would like to get 7500.

Receiver hitches in both front and rear for coolers, or towing.
could you please send me a picture of your fuse panel does your whole control panel work?
Barberbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 01:07 AM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Nice bus for towing. Too much for me, but you generated an idea. Use the bus as a tiny workshop and pull my trailer behind. Those floor tracks are awesome, could tie down just about anything.

It could be used as a mobile auto repair shop.
DWJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote