Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2022, 11:37 PM   #1

2004 International RE300 DT466/Allison 3000 40ft

Hello

Just interested to see if someone may want this. Selling would make life easier in a way but continuing to build I would be okay with as well. It took me literally 4 years to find the perfect bus. Even the idea of letting it go is profound to me lol But I am always open to higher instruction.

Saying that, lets get down to the specs.

Actually built in 2003 so no egr...DEF..etc. This one wont have issues like the newer models.

187k miles on it and freshly off the Orange County FL line. Orange County is known for their 5 star upkeep of these buses and this is one of the reasons I purchased the bus.

Dt466e engine with an Allison 3000 transmission

Air brakes.

Ceiling is 73"

Tinted windows which help substantially i regards to keeping the heat out as well as the ceramic paint on the roof. (I plant to incorporate ceramic paint for the rest of the exterior of the bus if I keep it.

Rust-free chassis. Rear end motor (Advantage being you have plenty of room down the middle of the bus for water tanks. Undercarriage storage as well on both sides.

The (2) ac's word but the belt to the air compressor is missing. I believe the school sacrificed a cool ride for better gas milage..I want to take them out and install a mini-split. There is a perfect spot for the external part of the mini-split system to be installed under the bus and out of the way.

It took 3 months but I stripped out the seats, wall panels/ insulation, rust-proofing the floor, and took out all 28 windows and resealed them. (That in itself is quite the task) but is essential to preventing leaks as all bus windows are notorious for leaks. The ceiling I took off 1 panel and removed the insulation where I was going to raise the roof.

I installed led lights in the front, I have the ones for the back as well.
I was planning on doing solar for it so I have a 2000w Freedom Combi Inverter/Charger. I also have a water pump for plumbing system.

Im currently in the stage of exterior prep work for painting. I will be in FL for the next month and then I must travel. If you are interested and on the east coast between FL and MA I would be open to delivering to you for the cost of gas and car dolly for my vehicle. Other than that you are free to come pick it up. Currently I noticed we sell school buses has one similar to my own for $20k with the seats still in it and an Allison 2000. So I am asking $17,999 with all of that removed and ready for building. As I put more into the bus the price will of course reflect that. Right now the only thing that the bus truly needs are 4 tires in the rear. This is because their expiration date is up and I feel like it may be unsafe to use them. Better safe than sorry. This of course will be added to the price if I end up doing it. If youd like to select the tires and such I would be willing to have someone put them on for you.

if you have any questions feel free to contact me. Most of the proceeds will be going to starting a farm and creating medicine for the chronically ill.

NCardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 02:50 PM   #2

any more pics
getbusylivn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 01:40 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2006
Chassis: IC CE300 (PB105)
Engine: DT466e @245hp | Allison 3000PTS
Rated Cap: 66
I've never known a school district to disconnect a/c for fuel mileage. More likely the compressors are seized up. That's what the district did before selling an old FE300 I used to have. I'm not saying that's what's going on in your case, just my experience.
https://youtube.com/@thetslabus
Dbacks2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:50 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Integrated Coach Corp.
Chassis: RE-300 42ft
Engine: 466ci
Rated Cap: 90
I've lived in OC. Near there now. Went to OC auctions. I've never known Orange County to be "notorious for good maintenance" I have read many threads on skoolie.net which contradicts this statement. As do the current tires and a/c.
On my FL bus, all three a/cs worked at purchace.
price? idk, seems high
DeMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 05:08 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCardin View Post
Hello
Currently I noticed we sell school buses has one similar to my own for $20k with the seats still in it and an Allison 2000. So I am asking $17,999 with all of that removed and ready for building. As I put more into the bus the price will of course reflect that.

if you have any questions feel free to contact me. Most of the proceeds will be going to starting a farm and creating medicine for the chronically ill.
I’m in no way attackin the op but I got to say that the place/ site that is mentioned “ we sell busses”, I took a look at the website, $40 grand for a 2000 bluebird all American with an 8.3/Allison 3000 tranny!

ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 11:20 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: AmTran (Now Navistar)
Engine: DT444E (7.3L) International
Rated Cap: 31,800 pounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewo1 View Post
I’m in no way attackin the op but I got to say that the place/ site that is mentioned “ we sell busses”, I took a look at the website, $40 grand for a 2000 bluebird all American with an 8.3/Allison 3000 tranny!

Ummmm YEAH.
They're just trying to get the fools gold while the gettin is good.
We've done so much, for so long, with so little, we now do the impossible, overnight, with nothing. US Marines -- 6531, 3521. . . .Ret ASE brakes & elect. Ret (auto and aviation mech). Extra Class HAM, NAUI/PADI OpenWater diver
HamSkoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 09:02 AM   #7
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewo1 View Post

but thats those guys.. weay higher than anyone.. super nice people but dag!!.. most of their rigs go to exporters who are prob on govt or drug money anyway and dont care.

as for this bus.. I concur wit hthe likiliehood the A/C broke.. and may even be one of the reasons the school got rid of the bus... I have fixed a couple A/C's pn florida busses.. clogged up dirty condensor coils.. charged with lots of non condensables like stop-leak and dye.. typical Maint guy response to A/C.. a recipe for busted compressors for sure..

and of course everyone knows how I feel about A/Cing a moving bus in july summer heat in the south on the freeway with a mini-split.(get the sweat rags). for 18 grand id want seats and floors and walls and working A/C, and unlocked 6th gear and already painted.. LOL
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 09:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbusylivn View Post
any more pics
Having trouble figuring out how to post multiple pictures in one reply. ONly one seems to show up.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q6A...ew?usp=sharing
NCardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 04:32 PM   #9
Site Team

Please keep comments constructive. (Read the site rules, and in particular about classified ads, if you need a refresher…)
Polarweasel is offline   Reply With Quote